High School Is This Stunt Illegal For High School Cheerleading?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 13, 2011
just a simple ball up stunt to a lib or a heel stretch? or does it need to have bracers on the outside?

this would really help a lot, for my team this year to know if its illegal!

thanks guys! :)

just a simple ball up stunt to a lib or a heel stretch? or does it need to have bracers on the outside?

Illegal under AACCA without a brace.

what about for massachusetts do you know for that? i should have included that

You'd have to find out the specific set of rules they follow. I'd guess NFHS or AACCA, but you'll need to let us know if you want someone to give you a good answer.

I know for a fact that in MA it is Illegal if it isn't braced:( the team I coach got called on it at the Medford Competition. Our pyramid was fine doing it (braced) but our parent stunt with the ball up(unbraced) got called on it A few other teams got called on it too this past season I think. Every surrounding state (NH, ME, CT, RI) allow it, just not MA.

my team did it last year, we caught it at half level and then pushed up to a full. it was actually a switch-up ball-up. we started with left leg in, switched and balled and caught on the right leg. here is a video of it. watch the point stunt she makes it the most obvious to see.

my team did it last year, we caught it at half level and then pushed up to a full. it was actually a switch-up ball-up. we started with left leg in, switched and balled and caught on the right leg. here is a video of it. watch the point stunt she makes it the most obvious to see.

This is basically the same stunt my team did that we got called on...MA has crazy rules!

this is actually an amazing stunt we can do!, thank you so much! and yes, mass has insane rules, we did this flip over once and apparently it was illegal and we had to change our whole stunt sequence last minute, thank god we still won!

Sara McNiff ... this is the stunt we got called on at around 0:45.. and our "ball up" wasn't even that big... I would suggest not even trying to incorporate the ball up into the routine, the head penalty judge in MA will call you on it and it will have to be changed...

Sara McNiff ... this is the stunt we got called on at around 0:45.. and our "ball up" wasn't even that big... I would suggest not even trying to incorporate the ball up into the routine, the head penalty judge in MA will call you on it and it will have to be changed...

aw shoot :( my team wants to do it in the pyramid with bracers i wonder if that will be a big deal too! and your team is reallly good

By normal HS stunt rules you can do a ball up if the flyer starts with her feet on the floor (like colleges and level 4 teams do).
Have the back grab waist and the second and main grab ankle and thigh.

aw shoot :( my team wants to do it in the pyramid with bracers i wonder if that will be a big deal too! and your team is reallly good
With a brace you will be all set! Just solo its a no no. I personally think MA should change it since all the surrounding states allow it!

Back