Is This Stupid??? Cheer Routine Idea

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 9, 2015
hi...I choreograph a lot of the routines we do. I heard a really old song by Queen called Bohemian Rhapsody and I really liked it. I know its not even close to a "usual" song for a routine but I was thinking about a really different type of routine that's slow paced with a lot of skill elements. I also was thinking of bringing in some ballet elements. How stupid would this be???. just brainstorming.

hi...I choreograph a lot of the routines we do. I heard a really old song by Queen called Bohemian Rhapsody and I really liked it. I know its not even close to a "usual" song for a routine but I was thinking about a really different type of routine that's slow paced with a lot of skill elements. I also was thinking of bringing in some ballet elements. How stupid would this be???. just brainstorming.
I would have to see a video before I can judge well.

People do innovative things all the time. If every coach/choreographer out there asked for the public's opinion before they tried something, chances are a lot of things would have never happened. Part of being a choreographer is being creative and having the confidence in one's own creative work.
Bottom Line- If you like it, do it.

I love when people use songs that are not usually used. Its super refreshing to hear new songs after hearing the same ones being repeated in everyones routines. I like the idea and you never know if it will work until you try it!

Last year stars vines royal Cobras r5 had a really cool dance which was different because a couple of the boys did turns and a leap. It was awesome but not traditional for cheer and it worked. Try your idea it sounds cool

Cool idea, but some people might be a little confused at first. this is a really unique idea and im surprised no one has come up with it (sorry about answering 2 years late LOL)

Back