All-Star It's Official, Summit Bids At Jam Fest Events

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They look like they're all or mostly Jam Brands. So not really surprising since Varsity owns Jam now.

Actually I don't think those are all Jam. Interesting.
Pretty sure they were all under the Jammy umbrella.

I'm not terribly familiar with Jam Brands. Are they nationwide?

NVM I looked them up. That's quite a few more opportunities for a lot of areas.

Last edited:
I'm really excited. In my area, the only gym options typically do (former) Jambrands events. There's also not a ton of Varsity comps here. Nothing wrong with that, and I like these comps a lot. But my goal is to attend the Summit one day, and this makes it more possible because literally every comp (except for 1 or 2 maybe) will be a Summit Bid opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the diversity being added especially for areas that didn't have a lot of options. I just really hate that the Summit is becoming the new end all, be all comp. And I say that with a bias because is prefer not to end every cheer season with a trip to Disney starting in about 2 more years.

*What did we even do before the invention of Google?*

So will this add more bids or will they thin out the #'s currently being given out to still invite the same number of teams?

The new varsity building on Disney property should be ready next Summit, so there will be more room for more teams.

In a Tweet from JamBrands they confirmed that they will still be offering bids to the US Finals. I am very intrigued to see how this works out next season...

I like the diversity being added especially for areas that didn't have a lot of options. I just really hate that the Summit is becoming the new end all, be all comp. And I say that with a bias because is prefer not to end every cheer season with a trip to Disney starting in about 2 more years.

*What did we even do before the invention of Google?*
I completely agree. Our gym just sent out a survey asking if we wanted to go for D1 Summit bids next year, I said no. I love Disney, but don't feel any need to go to Disney for a cheer comp at this point in CP's "cheer career". I can wait until she's old enough for a Worlds team and if she never makes it on a Worlds team I'll be quite alright with that too:D

I completely agree. Our gym just sent out a survey asking if we wanted to go for D1 Summit bids next year, I said no. I love Disney, but don't feel any need to go to Disney for a cheer comp at this point in CP's "cheer career". I can wait until she's old enough for a Worlds team and if she never makes it on a Worlds team I'll be quite alright with that too:D
I wonder if the new building will be large enough to house both d1 & d2 summit next year. Especially with all the issues they're having in Tampa & they haven't even had the comp yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I wonder if the new building will be large enough to house both d1 & d2 summit next year. Especially with all the issues they're having in Tampa & they haven't even had the comp yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The rumor I have heard(from Disney Sources) is the contract with Tampa for D2 was only 1 year, the Summit will just become one event and include D2 categories. They will be able to run between 8-10 floors at the same time and Disney is making a significant investment in this venue and it is not to just house the existing number of teams and competitions.

The other question is will NCA be moved to Disney? NCA's FAQ on Stay to Play states that their contact with Dallas runs through 2017. Usually you would already see a renewal/extension at this point and again Disney is making a significant investment in both land and building costs.

The rumor I have heard(from Disney Sources) is the contract with Tampa for D2 was only 1 year, the Summit will just become one event and include D2 categories. They will be able to run between 8-10 floors at the same time and Disney is making a significant investment in this venue and it is not to just house the existing number of teams and competitions.

The other question is will NCA be moved to Disney? NCA's FAQ on Stay to Play states that their contact with Dallas runs through 2017. Usually you would already see a renewal/extension at this point and again Disney is making a significant investment in both land and building costs.

But would it really be a good idea to have NCA, UCA, Summit and Worlds all at the same place? It seems that NCA might lose something if it was just another competition at Disney.

But would it really be a good idea to have NCA, UCA, Summit and Worlds all at the same place? It seems that NCA might lose something if it was just another competition at Disney.

NCA might absolutely, but they are owned by our friends at Varsity so they may not be the ones making the decision. Also I would argue each competition stands on its own and it is not the venue that makes it this way.

NCA might absolutely, but they are owned by our friends at Varsity so they may not be the ones making the decision. Also I would argue each competition stands on its own and it is not the venue that makes it this way.
I hope it doesn't work out that way. Dallas wasn't close to the west coast, but Orlando is about as far away as it gets.,

Back