All-Star "jack Of All Trades, Master Of None" Athlete?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 25, 2010
Didn't want to hijack the double compete thread, but this comment was mentioned. I just feel that there are many of these many multifaceted girl athletes in in the cheer world that are star flyers, star tumblers, awesome dancers, and beastly bases. I raised both of my daughters to be jack of all trades athletes. Wanted to know if you would like athletes like this or one skill....I can only fly type??? My best example would be Molly Gibbons as a jack of all trades athlete. I think I would personally prefer a team of Mollys..... Please feel free to name your favorite Jack of all Trades!!!!

I think I was one of those athletes. Not on the level on Molly of course. But I dabbled in everything. I had good motions, good dance skills, decent jumps, decent tumbling, and I backed, side, and mained all in one year on my high school team.

I enjoyed being talented in all areas but not really a "master" of anything. If anything, I would guess and say I was most talented in stunting because I could to any position on the ground and make the stunt hit. I think it depends on the cheerleader.

Didn't want to hijack the double compete thread, but this comment was mentioned. I just feel that there are many of these many multifaceted girl athletes in in the cheer world that are star flyers, star tumblers, awesome dancers, and beastly bases. I raised both of my daughters to be jack of all trades athletes. Wanted to know if you would like athletes like this or one skill....I can only fly type??? My best example would be Molly Gibbons as a jack of all trades athlete. I think I would personally prefer a team of Mollys..... Please feel free to name your favorite Jack of all Trades!!!!
You can't leave out your CP as a Jack of all trade- Joely Smith, Molly's friend forever and Infinity!

I think Cailtyn Krulee from cali sr elite is another example. Point flyer, amazing tumbler 2nd last pass at worlds. And I agree I would rather have a team full of all rounders than someone who has a stunts down to a T and never pushes for another skill ex tumbling!

Back