All-Star Jambrands Scoring

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

left leg lib, left leg stretch, stretch, over stretch, chicken wing (lol), no hands stretch, scorpion, scale, arabesque, needle... I don't think it's that excessive.

left leg lib, left leg stretch, stretch, over stretch, chicken wing (lol), no hands stretch, scorpion, scale, arabesque, needle... I don't think it's that excessive.

It wouldn't be excessive if you also weren't trying to hit the transitional skills- like your full ups, release moves, inversions. Now I feel like we need to add 2 more body positions just to make sure we're doing all we can do.

It wouldn't be excessive if you also weren't trying to hit the transitional skills- like your full ups, release moves, inversions. Now I feel like we need to add 2 more body positions just to make sure we're doing all we can do.
do you just do 1 stunt section or do you do 2? if you do 2 then just 3 and 2 in each will cover you. or stretch bow scorp scale arabesque or switch up lib then hit the stretch and if you've added another position

but yeah, its all a little too specified for my tastes, doesn't really matter what you do just how many times you do it.

I love when scoring updates/changes come out at the end of August.

Does anyone know how many body positions maxed out for jambrands last year? I feel like it was a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love when scoring updates/changes come out at the end of August.

Does anyone know how many body positions maxed out for jambrands last year? I feel like it was a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This really didn't change much except in the wording. Prior JamBrands scoresheets just said "Difficulty" and now it says "Stunt Body Positions" but you're right, it was 5 last year to max too. It just has different wording.

One major difference is the addition of Pyramid Structures. Level 1 and Level 2 had to hit structures on prior scoresheets, but it was never really categorized for Level 3 and up. Level 3 was based on how many times you released, Level 4 on the number of flips.

Seriously, you guys. Can we get this stuff pre-choreography? We have one stunt sequence for my Senior 3 (My Senior 4 is fine). We're just going to go up and hit stretch, scorp, then scale, then scorp, then scale again (and in the music, it'll say bend and snap..bend and snap!). I'm thinking it'll help out our creativity score. I'm like Victor Rosario, y'all! Watchout!

I'm actually a fan of how they've broken this down. I don't think it's that big of a change though if you looked at their prior scoresheet. Jam always had an excessive number of body positions to hit to max.

I don't know how I feel about the pyramid structure category for Level 3 and up. It used to be that Jam counted releases for Level 3 and flips in Level 4 as the "difficulty" and then you had your transitional elements scored. Now you're having your transitional elements and add in number of structures it's going to make for 1) long pyramids or 2) sloppy execution with alot of structures and no substance. Lib, Hitch, Stretch - repeat.

I don't like that they removed the quantity toss in tosses either - so now I can do 3 tosses and get the same score as someone who has 1 in their routine.

They also took out the quantity numbers for tumbling - scratching my head on that one.

Seriously, you guys. Can we get this stuff pre-choreography? We have one stunt sequence for my Senior 3 (My Senior 4 is fine). We're just going to go up and hit stretch, scorp, then scale, then scorp, then scale again (and in the music, it'll say bend and snap..bend and snap!). I'm thinking it'll help out our creativity score. I'm like Victor Rosario, y'all! Watchout!
I love the words that'll go with it! We choreo'd our routines to Varsity but I'll have to update our sequences for the few Jam events we do.

I feel like the JAM Scoring has been up for over a month. It was discussed among coaches at the Regional Meeting back in July.

Last year it was 5+ body positions to score a 9.9-10 and it was subjective. This year it is 1 full point per body position, so no subjectivity by the judges.

Back