All-Star Jamfest Indy Updates!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I totally agree as well. There are some teams today that their stunts and tumbling is scary looking and they are going to really hurt themselves. Before going into any level you should master the skills before it and then master that levels skill.
when I venture and do choreography, coaches all the time tell me... "so and so is thinking about quitting bc they think they are a level 3 athlete, adn the parent demands we be a level 3 or they will go someplace else.." for example. So i ask the little girl, "Suzie, show me your r/o handspring tuck." she replies by stating she cant, tired sore, or injured.,... but she was totally fine doing cartwheels during choreo 10 min ago. then she asks for a spot (btw her mom is watching). I said no, if your a level 3 athlete, from which i hear.. you can do it alone. so go on Suzie" after taking what seemed like an eternity to get herself together.. she through a r/o hs/ tuck no higher than a mini headspring and WITH a SPOT. I said now do it by yourself, she said I cant. I said "than your not a true level 3." its harsh, but its the truth. sometimes I see parents being so selfish when it comes to thier own child on a competative team such as cheer. its one thing to want the best, but its another to project your child being better than what they really are. I know some program have difficulty, specially smaller ones, filling a highly competative team, but unless its majority- do not push something that your not ready for. my 2 cents

when I venture and do choreography, coaches all the time tell me... "so and so is thinking about quitting bc they think they are a level 3 athlete, adn the parent demands we be a level 3 or they will go someplace else.." for example. So i ask the little girl, "Suzie, show me your r/o handspring tuck." she replies by stating she cant, tired sore, or injured.,... but she was totally fine doing cartwheels during choreo 10 min ago. then she asks for a spot (btw her mom is watching). I said no, if your a level 3 athlete, from which i hear.. you can do it alone. so go on Suzie" after taking what seemed like an eternity to get herself together.. she through a r/o hs/ tuck no higher than a mini headspring and WITH a SPOT. I said now do it by yourself, she said I cant. I said "than your not a true level 3." its harsh, but its the truth. sometimes I see parents being so selfish when it comes to thier own child on a competative team such as cheer. its one thing to want the best, but its another to project your child being better than what they really are. I know some program have difficulty, specially smaller ones, filling a highly competative team, but unless its majority- do not push something that your not ready for. my 2 cents

If only all coaches would think like you!

Can somebody PM me their username for cheer live to watch Jamfest? I will be forever thankful!!! :(

I am watching F5 warm up right now and I see this itty bitty baby... prob like 12 or 13.. could you imagine being just 12 years old and on a LEGACY team.. I mean they were one of the first gyms to attend the first cheer worlds in 04.. and they were world champions last year... safe to say I am envious of a 12 yr old..

Back