All-Star Jamlive - Dc, Jan. 5th & 6th

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I drove for 3 hours to see this competition. Overall it was good. But what was up with the Restricted 5 competition.

The team that won (USA something) did not even put up a pyramid. The stunts were watered down or non-existence. How did they win that competition?

I saw a lot of scoring issues at this competition. I think I will not attend this in the future. All I can say is overall the level 5 was really no competition.

F5, Weathergirls, Eclipse, 5-Alarm, and Reign. NO real competition there.

The main competition was in the Restricted 5 - 4 teams and to me Crimson Heat was the on fire. I know that looking at the teams, I was not impressed all other 3 teams had males and they were just so so.

Reign - off the chain.

Weathergirls had an accident but otherwise were good.

As usual - F5 - snap for the queens.

Eclipse - disappointing (and I love Twisters).

5-Alarm okay.

What did you think?

I thought the whole comp lacked enthusiasm. Been going to this one at the DC convention Center for years and enjoyed the sense of celebration and energy. None of that today- the whole"red carpet" thing did not work in this venue.
Very few divisions had any competition. So that may have added to the snore-factor. Twister's teams looked good for the most part. Crimson Heat also looked good. Fame was pretty good but last year they really rocked this one. Overall would like to skip this one in the future.

I wondered why my gym wasn't attending this year... I had no idea they changed venues.

I think there were other level 5 teams there, too, Cheerleaders Rock .
Yes, you are right. There were other level 5 teams there. FAME was great.

I would have loved to see a Super Seniors/Weathergirls matchup.

I notice a lot of the FAME teams do an S in the routine - is that a signature of sorts.

I think had there been more competition in level 5 - it would have been more memorable. I just do not like the win by default thing. I understand you cannot control your competition or lack there of. But that is starting to be common place at the MD competitions.

Note: FAME had a team that was out of this world. My daughter wants to try out for FAME after that. Just do not know about a 2 hour drive to practice. I live near Frostburg University.

On my last note: the best absolute best routine of the day hands down was Maryland Twisters Eye of the Storm. OMG - when the guy in the wheel chair rolled out for the ending. Amazing.

I notice a lot of the FAME teams do an S in the routine - is that a signature of sorts.

I think had there been more competition in level 5 - it would have been more memorable. I just do not like the win by default thing. I understand you cannot control your competition or lack there of. But that is starting to be common place at the MD competitions.

Note: FAME had a team that was out of this world. My daughter wants to try out for FAME after that. Just do not know about a 2 hour drive to practice. I live near Frostburg University.

On my last note: the best absolute best routine of the day hands down was Maryland Twisters Eye of the Storm. OMG - when the guy in the wheel chair rolled out for the ending. Amazing.

Jimmy is a true inspiration. I have watched him for competing with Twisters for years. My cp became a Twister last year, and I was so sad that Jimmy was unable to compete. It is great to have him back this year and I will never listen to "I'm sexy and I know it" the same. Never thought THAT song would bring tears to my eyes.

Off topic: we were once on our way from VA Beach to Ohio for a comp and the highway was closed due to "blizzard conditions" we were stuck in Frostburg! It was snowing like CRAZY! It's a cool little town and looks especially pretty with fresh snow covering it!

Back