High School Jamz High School Competitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 15, 2016
I'm the new head coach for the program and I want to start competitions, the big competitions that are pretty local are all Jamz organizations. I was wondering if anyone had gone this route for high school? What did you think of it? Do they need an actual cheer in the routine? I've only personally done competitions for all-star cheer and not school and they don't have the championship guidelines online yet.

What area are you in?

I attended Jamz Nationals last year, and there was a mix of both cheer and no-cheer routines. You can do a cheer, but you need to make sure you are still hitting score sheet areas during that time to be successful. I think that was the biggest flaw for some teams-they focused on crowd leading which is great but it's not on the score sheet. If you can do a cheer while still adding in level appropriate tumbling and stunts, you'll be good to go.

What area are you in?

I attended Jamz Nationals last year, and there was a mix of both cheer and no-cheer routines. You can do a cheer, but you need to make sure you are still hitting score sheet areas during that time to be successful. I think that was the biggest flaw for some teams-they focused on crowd leading which is great but it's not on the score sheet. If you can do a cheer while still adding in level appropriate tumbling and stunts, you'll be good to go.
Thank you! I'm in Stockton, central valley area. I hadn't thought of doing a cheer until I looked up videos from last year. It'll help with music costs because now I can make the part of the routine with the music shorter!!

Thank you! I'm in Stockton, central valley area. I hadn't thought of doing a cheer until I looked up videos from last year. It'll help with music costs because now I can make the part of the routine with the music shorter!!
I'm in the area if you ever need any advice and clarity on rules and such!

I can't believe a cheer company would not reward a school cheer team for crowd leading...THATS THEIR PRIMARY ROLE

Yeah, I'm with you...

I kind of consider HS Cheer and All Star Cheer to be 2 different but related activities (although that could be because we primarily compete UCA or local competitions that use a UCA scoresheet).

Depending on where else you end up competing, the typical rule is 1 min 30 sec music and 1 min cheer.

I'm the new head coach for the program and I want to start competitions, the big competitions that are pretty local are all Jamz organizations. I was wondering if anyone had gone this route for high school? What did you think of it? Do they need an actual cheer in the routine? I've only personally done competitions for all-star cheer and not school and they don't have the championship guidelines online yet.
Yay! Hi I'm from the Central Valley too!

I was just down in Merced yesterday at a gym! Are you the new coach at Stockton? I know they were looking.

I was just down in Merced yesterday at a gym! Are you the new coach at Stockton? I know they were looking.
Yeah I'm coaching at one of the high schools, I know about 3 in Stockton unified were looking for cheer coaches over the summer! None of the Stockton schools really compete with the exception of 1 that I know of but my girls were asking me last year when I was the JV coach if we could and of course I said yes! I grew up doing all-stars so competition is my favorite part.

Back