Jersey Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

all this talk about this so called team "jersey cheer" is very annoying, the show is not good because it makes the team look bad with PA cursing not only does this team have poor coaches, but there ability for level 5 is not that good...they can barley do full ups, their tick tocks arent solid and for this first time this weekend at all-star challenge they were...they dont have standing fulls, if i am wrong i think they have 2? and they only have a couple two to doubles, that isnt a real level five..i persoanlly think if they went down to level 4 they be amazing and i think that is more their level'

another thing
i think this was a wrong gym to have for a first allstar gym, i think it should be a worldwide gym, and not only level 5 but all different levels, it really should of been Top Gun, Cheer Athletics, World Cup, or Maryland Twisters...thats just a couple thoughts and ithink many would agree

twistersister & T. weathergirl you are such a haters lol. You have some nerve to respond so negatively about CJA and it only makes you look bad. If you had any clue at all you'd know that one of their coaches actually was the director of Maryland Twisters, coached F5 & Reign, and still actively choreographs for some of the teams at Twisters. So how could you suggest that this team has poor coaches? Secondly you state that their stunts were shaky yet the other 3 teams including the weather girls dropped a stunt and CJA did not. Thirdly you are ripping them for only have 2 standing fulls and they actually have 3 and weather girls only have 2 so you sound like a bitter hypocrite. The next time you choose to voice such an unnecessary opinion you should think twice because it comes of as if your jealous that is not your program. The Maryland Twisters is a very successful program that has a lot to be grateful for. I think it's pretty safe to say that Tara would not approve of this behavior and she will be notified.

twistersister & T. weathergirl you are such a haters lol. You have some nerve to respond so negatively about CJA and it only makes you look bad. If you had any clue at all you'd know that one of their coaches actually was the director of Maryland Twisters, coached F5 & Reign, and still actively choreographs for some of the teams at Twisters. So how could you suggest that this team has poor coaches? Secondly you state that their stunts were shaky yet the other 3 teams including the weather girls dropped a stunt and CJA did not. Thirdly you are ripping them for only have 2 standing fulls and they actually have 3 and weather girls only have 2 so you sound like a bitter hypocrite. The next time you choose to voice such an unnecessary opinion you should think twice because it comes of as if your jealous that is not your program. The Maryland Twisters is a very successful program that has a lot to be grateful for. I think it's pretty safe to say that Tara would not approve of this behavior and she will be notified.

NOTIFIED!

i persoanlly think if they went down to level 4 they be amazing and i think that is more their level
Not sure where you have been, but they've had an amazing level 4 team for quite some time now. And they are always in the top 2 at cheersport nationals.

EXACTLY!!! unbelievable!

I think the reason they chose a program like CJA over the "other big" programs is obvious by the hater that started this thread and his/her followers. Those gyms seem to breed hatred not respect.

It is obivous that the hatred IN THIS THREAD is coming from teenagers, aka 13-17 year olds who could ONLY WISH that their program was chosen. The obvious lack of basic grammar and basic sentence construction makes it even more apparent that tweens and teens, not ADULTS, are venting here. 95% of the people who posted in this and the other thread actually loved the show, with the exception of a handful that had a slight problem with the cursing...welcome to all-stars..it's not meant for everyone. As a matter of fact, a lot of the negativity has come from people from another NJ gym that is accustomed to the spotlight and is scratching their heads as to why they weren't given any more attention than they already get...drumroll please....Wait, no need to point fingers. Wrong Choice.

There is really no need for an adult to defend herself/himself against a child, but CJA is a solid, 15 year old program that has won hundreds of national titles amongst all of their teams. Their senior program in particular is especially strong, with a national champion Senior 4 team that has been defeated only three times since 2008. Their established Senior 5 team has won CHEERSPORT and has placed 2nd on two other occasions, they have placed in the top ten at NCA and WORLDS, over the past two seasons they have beaten Stingray Orange, and most recently, they beat the Suns and Weathergirls.

Regardless of that impressive record, Lifetime chose this program because they were interested in THEM, not WC, GA, Stingrays, MD Twisters, Top Gun, CA, SOT, etc.....Their target audience is WOMEN, not ALL-STAR CHEERLEADERS. The viewers do not know the difference between CJA, WC, TG, etc. and a hole in the wall nor do they care.

We may love it becauase we all love cheerleading, but what would be interesting about watching a show JUST about cheerleading practice and competitions when you have no interest in cheerleading? The answer....create a show like "Jersey Cheer" that not only exposes all-star cheerleading as a tremendous sport, but also provides storylines and "characters" that appeal to the entire target audience.

Cheerleading gets a bad rap, folks. This show showing the world how challenging, athletic, and grueling cheerleading actually as a welcome antithesis of the mockery that we're accustomed to getting in movies, the news, and life in general. Maybe more people should be thankful for this instead of jealous.

Congrats to CJA on their successes at competitions and for being chosen for this show! For those complaining, jealousy is never a good look...

As a matter of fact, a lot of the negativity has come from people from another NJ gym that is accustomed to the spotlight and is scratching their heads as to why they weren't given any more attention than they already get...drumroll please....Wait, no need to point fingers. Wrong Choice.

Regardless of that impressive record, Lifetime chose this program because they were interested in THEM, not WC, GA, Stingrays, MD Twisters, Top Gun, CA, SOT, etc.....

Where has anyone from that aforementioned Wrong Choice bashed negativeity that CJA is spotlighted in this show? I have read NO comments here on this board and am insulted by your remark.

CJA was chosen because the suits at Lifetime were interested in Patty-Ann's style of coaching. In fact, one of the suits knew Patty-Ann and came to one of her competitions and thought that a show about all-stars with Patty-Ann as a coach was the basis of this storyline. If Patty-Ann coached another team, THAT team would be profiled in this series.

Get your facts straight before you start pointing fingers, which you clearly did in your posting.

Where has anyone from that aforementioned Wrong Choice bashed negativeity that CJA is spotlighted in this show? I have read NO comments here on this board and am insulted by your remark.

CJA was chosen because the suits at Lifetime were interested in Patty-Ann's style of coaching. In fact, one of the suits knew Patty-Ann and came to one of her competitions and thought that a show about all-stars with Patty-Ann as a coach was the basis of this storyline. If Patty-Ann coached another team, THAT team would be profiled in this series.

Get your facts straight before you start pointing fingers, which you clearly did in your posting.

Actually your the one who needs to get their facts straight. Lifetime did not choose CJA the way you claim in fact the suits at Lifetime didn't even know who Patty Ann was until they already saw the show when the production company brought it to them in the same form that everyone else saw it. This show was not a concept that was shopped around to different gyms so the theory of CJA being chosen because of Patty Ann's coaching style is totally false. The show has always been and was meant for CJA specifically. It was created by a very impressed producer who watched CJA at competition the season before. And while you say you haven't read any negative comments from the gym in question maybe you just haven't payed attention because they've been all over FB. Even a dad who no longer is with the program is commenting about it and making statements as if he's ever been to CJA or even met Patty Ann yet his daughter has always cheered at WC. THIS my friend is what is being referred to!

If these people are so happy with their program, so successful, loving the environment their in and experiences that they've had then what is the point of putting down another gym? The blatant disrespect is uncalled for and completely unnecessary. Especially when if someone were to put hidden microphones in their gym and record what they say to people you would all GAG on your words and immediately be apologetic. At the end of the day if you don't like the show FINE, if you don't like Patty Ann's coaching style which was totally exaggerated for the show FINE! You are entitled to that opinion but bashing the smaller less successful gym only comes off as jealous and judgmental when all the glitters is not gold in that world either. The only difference is that you don't have a camera walking around to capture it.

Back