All-Star Jimmy From Eye Is In Need Of Holiday Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
For those who do not know Eye of the Storm's Jimmy Myrick, he is one of our athletes on our special needs team. He has been battling leukemia and unfortunately will be staying in the hospital for another 4 weeks or so in Philly. Please send him a card or a well wish to help brighten his holiday!!! He would truly appreciate it and I know the cheer community always comes together when needed. The address is listed below.

Hospital of UPenn
Jimmy Myrick - Rhoads 6, room 6024
3400 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104

The entire Maryland Twisters family is extremely thankful and appreciative for your participation. Thank you!

For those who do not know Eye of the Storm's Jimmy Myrick, he is one of our athletes on our special needs team. He has been battling leukemia and unfortunately will be staying in the hospital for another 4 weeks or so in Philly. Please send him a card or a well wish to help brighten his holiday!!! He would truly appreciate it and I know the cheer community always comes together when needed. The address is listed below.

Hospital of UPenn
Jimmy Myrick - Rhoads 6, room 6024
3400 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104

The entire Maryland Twisters family is extremely thankful and appreciative for your participation. Thank you!
I LOVE hand-making cards so I will definitely send him one! Thanks for sharing this!

What kind of things does Jimmy like? What is his favorite color? Does he like a certain movie or celebrity? I just want to get some ideas for possible care packages or cards that he would really enjoy. Message me if you want to. I would really like to help.

What kind of things does Jimmy like? What is his favorite color? Does he like a certain movie or celebrity? I just want to get some ideas for possible care packages or cards that he would really enjoy. Message me if you want to. I would really like to help.
I can ask I'm a former member of the gym if u guys who want to send care packages would like to know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to send a care package, please send suggestions! I am a huge Twisters fan and just adore Jimmy and Eye of the Storm!!

I spoke with @blunchin and he will get information for care packages and post it here. :D

Awesome. Thank you. Our special needs team wants to send him and his family something. I shared this on Facebook and have a lot of other special needs families who want to send him stuff.

If it is past the 4 week time and he is out of the hospital, can you please private message me an address for the gym to send him and his family packages? Does the family need fast food gift cards or gas gift cards? Is there anything we could send for the family too? I know first hand how hard it is to have a loved one hospitalized over Christmas and would love to help.

Is there a caringbridge page or Facebook page for him or a gofundme account to help support him and his family?

He was so kind to my daughter last year at Cheersport. She was in a wheelchair after her leg surgery, and he was very encouraging and positive to her even though they were on different teams. It meant a lot to her. The entire team and gym are such good people.

Last edited:
Just a suggestion, our family has spent many years in the oncology/hematology office and gift cards are fabulous. They don't take up much room, they don't cost much to send, and they are VERY much appreciated. Bank, gas, and food gift cards will always be used and greatly appreciated. Also, the kids loved tie blankets with well wishes written on them in Sharpie from team and school mates since chemo and low immunity causes them to be cold most of the time.

Back