Joining Teams Mid Season?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 12, 2012
Hi everyone! I just wanted to know what everyone's opinion was on people joining teams mid season?

I'm currently doing so to replace an injured athlete but it feels kind of weird. Everyone on my team has been so incredibly sweet to me but it feels kind of like i'm intruding.

What are your opinion's on this? What would you do if you had an athlete join your team mid season??

Is this a season ending injury or would the injured athlete be back in time to compete and finish the season?

We have girls join mid season until about mid-September quite often and are usually met with open arms. It's awkward for the first couple of practices, but there usually aren't any long term issues.

I joined my current gym 1/2 way through the season. The first couple weeks, I just had to mind my own business and make sure I was working as hard as possible.

Eventually, you forget you joined halfway through because it will just flow together. Good luck :)

it was a season ending injury - she (sadly) tore her ACL

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
ugh that is a shame :( But I am sure your teammates are happy to have a replacement so you shouldn't feel uncomfortable at all. Every year my CPs have cheered their team roster has changed throughout the season, so it is something athletes are used to and every teammate is treated the same whether they started at the beginning or came on some time during the season. Good luck and enjoy your new team!

Agree with quitthedrama. A replacement should not be an issue and will probably be most welcomed since it would mean not changing the routine for one less person.

Back