Jump/ Flexibility Help?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Work your hip flexers! If you know how to get snap your legs up your toe touch will be at least parallel, because I assume you're flexible enough to just sit in a straddle (ie: a parallel toetouch!) Sit in a straddle, put one hand on the floor to the right of your leg and the other to the left. Lift your leg up and make 10 little circles in the air with your leg, relax, then do your other leg. It should be hard to do if you're doing it right! Make sure your chest is up and you're not leaning back. This really strengthens your hip flexers and will help you roll your hips. This exercise also helps in your other jumps too. Remember when doing your toetouch to think about rolling your hips so your shoelaces face the wall behind you. (It's not possible, but it really helps you visualize what you should be doing.)
this actually helps sooo much but they killl sooo bad !
no pain, no gain :p

for your scoprion and heel stretcht its best to stretch in those positions. Hold on to the wall and hold your heel stretch, or lay in bed and also do the stretch. Another thing that helps is leg lifts.

MY HURDLERS USE TO BE HORIBLE UNTILL I WAITED TILL LAST SECOND TO LIFT MY LEG AND NOW IM CENTER JUMPER :)
MY ADVICE IS SLIND IT UP LAST SECOND IT REALLY WORKS

Back