All-Star Jump Sequence Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 24, 2010
Hey guys I have a quick question about jumps for level 5

Does it make any difference to have two jump sequences (1 with a tripple toe back & one just showcasing jumps) or just having a tripple toe back section and nothing else? would the other section score a team higher?

I would say that two teams going head to head, the one with more variety might edge out the other team in jumps. As a judge, I like to see more than just toe touches. So my opinion is that while it may not be a HUGE difference, the team with more variety will score a bit higher in at least that section.

You know what I hate (this is off topic)
1.) Amazing teams with horrid jumps (I'm thinking of a top placing team at worlds every year who'd jumps make me want to throw my computer out the window)
OR
2.) Pike jumps done badly.

I love seeing variety! Like anyone with hurdlers is such a refresher! And does anyone have a video of Double Nines done properly? I've never searched for one, but I wanna see it:]<3

depends what competition you are going to
jamfest has a very detailed rubric and said that they want variety.
so variety of jumps will score higher than plain triple toe

Thanks I know its kind of a dumb question but I just wanted to know if it made a large difference or not :) lol

You know what I hate (this is off topic)
1.) Amazing teams with horrid jumps (I'm thinking of a top placing team at worlds every year who'd jumps make me want to throw my computer out the window)
OR
2.) Pike jumps done badly.

I love seeing variety! Like anyone with hurdlers is such a refresher! And does anyone have a video of Double Nines done properly? I've never searched for one, but I wanna see it:]<3
Kamehameha High School always incorporates Double Nines into their routines.
It's in this video around the :40 second mark.

It's in the video around the :34 second mark.

Back