All-Star Junior 5 At Worlds?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

JUST TAKE AWAY JUNIOR AND SENIOR RESTRICTED 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's no countries with restricted 5 so whats the point? usasf is sooo messed up T_T_T_T_T

Ha.

Unpopular opinion: Every skill a kid gets doesn't NEED to be thrown in a routine immediately.

Imagine what would happen if Suzie got her full or even double, but her team (gasp) STAYED level 4, she (GASP) stayed a Level 4 athlete, and kept working on that full in privates, and didn't compete it until maybe (gasp) NEXT season when it was really ready, even if that meant she wasn't on an R5 team as soon as she turned 10 (or a Worlds team right at 12.)

But it is also hard when those same athletes are recruited hard to switch gyms to be on a level 5. Different subject but it does tie in. If everyone did what you suggest, it would be perfect. But we know they won't, which no matter whether we like to admit it or not, partly fuels some gyms jumping into level 5 until they are truly ready across the board - tumbling, stunting, jumps, performance presence, etc.

JUST TAKE AWAY JUNIOR AND SENIOR RESTRICTED 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's no countries with restricted 5 so whats the point? usasf is sooo messed up T_T_T_T_T
Notice it's USASF, as in the United States, not international. It's a division that works in this country, it was created for a reason. Plus as mentioned, other countries do use it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

At least two summit bids (I think both paid but it may be just one) have been awarded to Junior 5 teams. How's that going to work with the proposed other 'worlds'? If this division won't be at Summit should they be awarding paid bids to them now?

Notice it's USASF, as in the United States, not international. It's a division that works in this country, it was created for a reason. Plus as mentioned, other countries do use it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
what other countries use restricted divisions? The only restricted team that's none American is cheer sport sharks which has a youth 5 team. Don't know if that counts as restricted.

I like r5. If you have a group of kids who are above a level 4, but not ready for a 5 yet (for ex. have their fulls, but haven't mastered doubles or standing fulls) it is a way to keep them challenged and motivated while they work on improving their skills.

what other countries use restricted divisions? The only restricted team that's none American is cheer sport sharks which has a youth 5 team. Don't know if that counts as restricted.

We've had some R5 teams in Canada. I think often, it's used as a jumping point to a regular 5 team. I can't think of any at the moment though.

Not a fan when Juniors were at Worlds and I'm not a fan of them going back.

I'm also not a fan of a brand new competition being created for them. Perhaps I'll be a hypocrite and change my mind when the details emerge but I really haven't seen a bunch of parents with extra money wishing there was just one more competition.

**Auburn Hate Week**

Such a great perspective! You make quite a few valid points. I have to say if supervision is of concern I share that same concern even with senior aged athletes. My program does not allow our teams to attend the block party and if they do attend it's only because their parents allowed them to go against our recommendation fully knowing what takes place there. When my junior team attended worlds their parents were present and they did fun kid things, after all we're at Disney World. We never had one issue unlike the multiple issues that senior athletes have created.

I have to argue that the same issues that could happen at "The Cheerleading Worlds" could happen at JamFest Super Nationals, NCA All Stars Nationals, UCA International All Star, and etc. Aren't ages 5 - 25 at all these events?

At our gym the kids that won worlds titles as juniors moved up to the senior program and continued to be successful there. Junior aged athletes are going to attend Worlds whether we like it or not it's just that for the past 5 years the've been on senior teams rather than remaining on team with their peers for longer period of time.

I think the big difference with Worlds is that the "paid bid" comes into play and how many teams stay together and book their rooms as blocks. This alone can affect the supervision/parental interaction. I will say that these things could happen at other competitions (and probably do) but they are run a little bit differently and most teams don't all stay together with 4 athletes to a room and limited chaperones. The Block Party has changed a bit in the last couple of years with the dividing of the age divisions within the party. I have heard a lot of positive things about that in the last year or two so that is a good thing. The "party" at the Sports is another matter altogether and certainly has it's concerns which could be a reason that more and more gyms are choosing to stay elsewhere.

(IMO)I would say one of the biggest factors that play into parental supervision is money. WDW is so so expensive and why would parents stay on WDW property when they can stay in a condo 10 minutes away for hundreds cheaper? Anyways this is what parents from my gym do and we haven't ever had a problem. My parents also don't let me go to the block party but who's to say that everyone's kid will listen and problems won't occur? Until Worlds can pay for parents to stay on site I think it will be hard for most parents to stay on property or even come, maybe I'm wrong but in my gym people don't really don't come from heaps of money. Does anyone else know people that stay off property? Just wondering if that's something not very many people do.

Last edited:
(IMO)I would say one of the biggest factors that play into parental supervision is money. WDW is so so expensive and why would parents stay on WDW property when they can stay in a condo 10 minutes away for hundreds cheaper? Anyways this is what parents from my gym do and we haven't ever had a problem. My parents also don't let me go to the block party but who's to say that everyone's kid will listen and problems won't occur? Until Worlds can pay for parents to stay on site I think it will be hard for most parents to stay on property or even come, maybe I'm wrong but in my gym people don't really don't come from heaps of money. Does anyone else know people that stay off property? Just wondering if that's something not very many people do.

I think it depends on your gym. Our requires that we stay on WDW site (usually all-star resort) with the team. If parents want to come, they pay to stay as well, or they can stay off site. It's only the athletes who are required to stay together. Some gyms may feel the same, others may let people stay anywhere.

Many parents stayed off property this past Worlds (including myself). We rented a house and I think it cost me about $120 for 4 nights. My cp did go to the block party and there weren't any issues; she said it was actually crazier back at All-Stars.

Many parents stayed off property this past Worlds (including myself). We rented a house and I think it cost me about $120 for 4 nights. My cp did go to the block party and there weren't any issues; she said it was actually crazier back at All-Stars.
You would be correct about the All Stars, but when you get a tremendous amount of young adults/teens together, there are bound to be a few issues. I have stayed at the Bonnet Creek Resort for the last 3 years and will again this year. It's close enough to WWOS, but quiet enough that I can get some rest..and the amenities there are AMAZING.

We have always rented a house and stayed with the same families we share with all year. Much cheaper and more relaxing! We always meet at one house for breakfast with the whole team one day. It is pure craziness at the resorts and glad my CP wants to be away from it all.

Back