All-Star Just A Reminder About Energy Drinks

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i've never liked energy drinks, they taste super gross to me, but will definitely pass this information on to my teammates!

I have seen a marathon runner who was very in shape go into cardiac arrest while running right after drinking a Red Bull. Stay away from energy drinks while doing physical activity!!

I'll take my chances, the only thing pushing me away from energy drinks is the cost. So from the looks of it there are around 1000 cases a year, and I think it said 1/3 of teens and young adults drink them or something like that. That's a pretty low percentage if you ask me, not to mention a lot of those cases of stroke heart attack etc. were in young kids or people with pre-existing conditions. Not saying that it's not unhealthy but I feel like there are a lot worse things that I could be doing for my body than drinking more caffiene than usual.

I'll take my chances, the only thing pushing me away from energy drinks is the cost. So from the looks of it there are around 1000 cases a year, and I think it said 1/3 of teens and young adults drink them or something like that. That's a pretty low percentage if you ask me, not to mention a lot of those cases of stroke heart attack etc. were in young kids or people with pre-existing conditions. Not saying that it's not unhealthy but I feel like there are a lot worse things that I could be doing for my body than drinking more caffiene than usual.

Exactly, but people are always looking to complain or blame ssomething. There are many other factors on these cases, if you took any psyc class in your life, you would know this is all non sense and need a lot more proof?

I have taken many psych classes and many advanced biology and chemistry classes and know it is not nonsense at all.

Exactly, but people are always looking to complain or blame ssomething. There are many other factors on these cases, if you took any psyc class in your life, you would know this is all non sense and need a lot more proof?

It shouldn't take a class or an article to know that energy drinks are bad. All that caffeine and sugar is obviously bad for you. It doesn't benefit your body in any way.

I have seen a marathon runner who was very in shape go into cardiac arrest while running right after drinking a Red Bull. Stay away from energy drinks while doing physical activity!!

That does not happen from Red Bull...I've never heard of a situation like this that wasn't a preexisting condition (that the person was often unaware of) or on a very rare occasion, exercise induced anaphylaxis.

Not sure if it is mentioned in the article... but an fyi for you energy drinkers:

When you drink 1 can of energy drink, it pulls 2 cans worth of moisture out of your bones.

Not sure if it is mentioned in the article... but an fyi for you energy drinkers:

When you drink 1 can of energy drink, it pulls 2 cans worth of moisture out of your bones.
Are you sure you didn't mean calcium? Phosphoric acid (contained in most carbonated beverages including sodas and energy drinks) leaches calcium from your bones.

energy drinks are gross and for me unless i drank them right before competing then i would crash before i even competed. and if i did take one i would puke on the mat haha

Back