High School Jv Cheering At Some Varsity Games

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 12, 2011
At my high school the JV squad cheers at Homecomeing, half of a breast cancer awareness game, part of a game for a cheer clinic, and maybe the game against our rivals. Also, we cheer at the playoff games since JV doesn't have playoffs. Does your high school let JV cheer at any varsity games?

nope.
my coach is even questioning if she wants our jv team on the sidelines during the jv games because theyre so bad.

my Jv teams cheers at all varsity games.
on the bleachers though!
they will not be cheering at playoff games thats forsure thats varsitys job!

at my school they only cheer at the last game which is the thanksgiving day game (which is just a fun game, it down't count), other than that they dont cheer at homecoming, senior night or playoffs

No, never. You have to earn your spot on Varsity therefore, JV is not allowed to cheer at any of our games. They are, however, allowed to do their own dance at the homecoming game but Varsity does a full routine.

When I cheered in high school JV team did Varsity Basketball and local competitions. Varsity did football and competition. I don't know why they just didn't call it football and basketball teams, but JV technically cheered for a varsity sport and never cheered any JV games. Both team cheered coming home (basketball when there's barely any room) but not homecoming. I'm not real sure who came up with that system!

At my school, JV (and Freshman) cheer the first half of the homecoming game, along with the Varsity team. They do not preform at halftime for homecoming, though. For playoffs, a select few girls from JV get pulled up to cheer those games with Varsity.

At my daughters school JV cheers the second half of all home games with Varsity. They spend the first half selling programs and other items to fans :)

Nope not allowed.
Our JV team is required to come to the first 1/2 of the Varsity game and cheer/support in the stand, no uniforms. Only for our "youth" camps does JV get perform on the field during varsity games with all of the youth as well.

One game a year, JV is invited to come cheer with varsity. They have a blast. I still remember the feeling of excitement when I was a freshman and cheered with varsity. You start to take advantage of the fact that there are 2o girls on JV who would kill to have your spot on varsity.

Our JV only cheers the first half of the homecoming game with us, otherwise they just cheer JV games.

Back