OT Kids say the darndest things!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
One day a girl started talking about her pet hedgehog (it's true... she does.. she lives a few streets over from me) in the middle of practice

Somewhat related to a hedgehog....

Last night one while we were working on our elite stunt sequence one of the flyers who normally has a hard time standing up and keeping her leg locked out finally hit it beautifully. I told her "good job on finally sticking that stunt! See what happen's when you keep your leg straight?! It hits solid" Her twin sister turns to me and says completely straightfaced "well, that's because she ate a porcupine before practice"

huh!?!?!?!

Somewhat related to a hedgehog....

Last night one while we were working on our elite stunt sequence one of the flyers who normally has a hard time standing up and keeping her leg locked out finally hit it beautifully. I told her "good job on finally sticking that stunt! See what happen's when you keep your leg straight?! It hits solid" Her twin sister turns to me and says completely straightfaced "well, that's because she ate a porcupine before practice"

huh!?!?!?!
Don't you just love what they come up with? :p

aha one day one of my Tiny's asked me if I was married (im 17) so i was like Nope! She was pretty stunned. haha She was like "What!! But if you have kids youve gotta be married! why do you have kids then?" And I told her I didnt have kids. And she came up with "But all those girls you coach before me are your kids!" aha she thought the semi private tumbling lesson I taught before our class were my kids :p

Another time, One of my Tinys come up to me completely serious ang goes "Cait, where's your bed. I dont see any here. Where do you sleep!" I told her I didnt sleep at the gym, and she says "But everyone is suppose to have a bed in their house!"

Okay so this is kinda on topic...
I was at my football game on Halloween (crazy, right?) and we were handing out candy to everyone there, and i went to this little girl
I said "Do you want some candy?"
She said "Yeah but i can't have any of the red kind"
Me; "Aww why not?"
She said "I can't have any of the diet kind. Mommy said so"
Me; "....here this one's pink so its okay." then she took it and skipped along.
I was so confused.

One day I came to work after school and hadn't changed out of the dress I was wearing yet. A couple of my kids were there early for a lesson. As I was waiting for the bathroom to open up so I could change, one of them comes up to me totally deadpan and goes
"Coach Lauren, what on earth are you wearing?"
I don't think they realize we have actual lives outside of the building.

Okay so this is kinda on topic...
I was at my football game on Halloween (crazy, right?) and we were handing out candy to everyone there, and i went to this little girl
I said "Do you want some candy?"
She said "Yeah but i can't have any of the red kind"
Me; "Aww why not?"
She said "I can't have any of the diet kind. Mommy said so"
Me; "....here this one's pink so its okay." then she took it and skipped along.
I was so confused.

I think she might have meant she couldn't have any red dyed candy, not diet. Allergies to food dyes are pretty common these days

My little kids had there last game yesterday.. It was so sad :( One of the girls started talking about her stuffed penguin after we had finished one of our cheers.. I don't know why she was but she just kinda started rambling. They were all so cute! I'm gonna miss them.:

Back