OT Kids say the darndest things!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
A girl on the level 1 team at my gym told one of our coaches, "Your hair is SOOO big. Hey, Maggie, you have bear hair Maggie.... Did I mention your hair is big?" LOL she kept going on and on about it...

So my sister and I are coaching a junior varsity middle school cheerleading team and we had our first practice today so we were laying down the rules.

Us: don't fool around during practice so you don't get hurt.
Girl: What if we live on a farm?
wut? hahaha

We were teaching a boy how to cradle (hes the only one who dares to fly) and of course they dropped him because he balled right up, We look at him and are like are you okay? He gets up and starts doing cartwheels. It was hysterical.

We asked them if they wanted a theme for their routine and they all said animals so they can dress up like monkeys.

We told them to do a toe touch and they asked is that the one where you bend your legs?

Seriously this was the first night and I already LOVE it! I can't wait to hear what other crazy things they say!

My tinys are such a mess sometimes... Yesterday we were stretching and one of the young ones wasn't doing anything... One of the other girls who is 4 looks at her and goes "aspen, you have to stretch. You are letting the team down!" SO serious. It made me laugh at how seriously she takes stretching...

Lol! ^
One of our Tinys was sitting around the coach while she explained what they were about to do. She raises her hand and patiently waits to be called on. She proceeds to tell everyone "this is how I slept last night (insert snoring sounds here)". It was completely random and hilarious.

Lol! ^
One of our Tinys was sitting around the coach while she explained what they were about to do. She raises her hand and patiently waits to be called on. She proceeds to tell everyone "this is how I slept last night (insert snoring sounds here)". It was completely random and hilarious.

Haha! When I first volunteered as a coach of the pee wees at my first gym, we would get some of those random ones too. One time, this little girl went up into a prep during the routine (we always spotted around the groups even when they went full out), and she gets up hits her high-v and says, "do my teeth look whiter? I was just at the dentist and got them cleaned!" and then finished the stunt. too. cute.

Somehow religion came up during stretching at my youth practice and one of the girls mentioned she was Jewish so the girl next to her chimes in that she is Christian. Then one of the girls in the wayyy back shouts out, "I'm German!". It took everything I had to not start laughing and I didn't even try to correct her.

Me to my tiny team the last practice before a competition, hoping to get them excited: "So do you guys know what Saturday is?"
Little girl answers with total confidence: "I do! I do! It's the day of the week after Friday!"

Not cheer related but soon cute. my then 2yo just learning to speak properly (started talking t 1) anyway at 1 she called her private part "pata pata" Aol now that ahe'a speaking much clearer on her 2nd B'day I taught her thwarting correct word Ian "vagina". A few days later we were in the craft store and she met another little girl and they started playing together....all of a sudden I heard: my daughter "do you know what the proper word foe pata-pata is" it Ian called bigina" I was by thwarting cutting table and she was soooooo loud the whole store fell silent. I almost died, but it was the funniest thing ever.

I coach little girls aged 6-12

We were working on our dance for half time:
Girl: Do you have that apple jeans song?
Other coach: Low?
Girl: yeah! That one!
Coach: *puts it on*
Girl and others: *ensue crazy dancing and singing along*
We both looked at each other and wondered how they knew the lyrics.

One day a girl started talking about her pet hedgehog (it's true... she does.. she lives a few streets over from me) in the middle of practice

Back