All-Star Kt Tape

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

On the subject of dramatic bracing: I broke my ankle in 2010, wore a brace until tryouts for this season. After tryouts I lost my brace, and didn't feel like buying a new one, so... I sucked it up and was fine. To this day I've yet to wear a brace (or needed to wear one).

And two of my team mates wear Kt tape! One tore her right labrum earlier in the season. Both recommend it!

I love KT tape! I use it alot being 26 and still tumbling, it might be the only thing keeping me together. Speaking of "mental" injuries...a couple months ago I taped my shin splints and wore it while I was coaching. The next week suddenly all of my girls had shin splints....

I understand what everyone is saying about being over dramatic braces but in my case I have taped and wrapped and use braces on my knees for about a year because I refused to get surgery for both. people did not know I needed surgery so I could only imagine what people would think. I just think before you judge someone wearing braces think about it. I didn't tell my coach because I didn't want her to take me out, so I wore the braces... and as per yesterday I have my knee surgery and hopefully won't need another brace! and a for KT tape... I don't understand how it works.. but who cares because it works very well!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I was surprised to find I could pick up the Pro version at CVS pharmacy. I went against my advice earlier and purchased some for cp's elbow...it's supposed to stay on for 7 days and I only use two strips...gets me a month worth of taping!

It works great if you use it correctly. All the Olympians use it. Buy the Pro version, is a few dollars more & is worth every penny.
That's what I did; just by physical observation it appeared to be of higher quality than their regular one. Probably best for cheerleaders since they're more like elite athletes in so many ways!

I googled it......sounds amazing and I want to get my CP some but those colors.......nothing that will blend with uniforms. Not sure how CSP would feel about the color's.
I guess veto on the black bc the uni has more white in it? P.S., I think it looks better than many of the braces and I think it's better for the athletes. I have some if you wanna let her try it before Worlds if the Pope agrees to it.

This. Warning this may sound snarky but this is a pet peeve of mine.

Maybe it's just me, but I see a whole sub group of kids that seem to believe if you're taped up, braced up or otherwise that apparently makes you a more fierce athlete. Huh? I don't get this whole mentality.

I'm not talking about the kid with a legit injury that wears their brace etc for the necessary time while going to rehab and then you never see it again, I'm talking about the ones that tape or brace things for every single practice...for years. You know who these people are. Or the parents that bring a bag of braces and every little tweak requires a new support...for at least half the season..., per Dr. Mom.

Number one, if you walk out on the floor with two wrists taped, an ankle brace and KT tape on your knee, I don't say "wow! That kid must be amazing!" I wait for (what I'm assuming) will be a train wreck in running tumbling, and number two.., if you're doing it to get attention.,

You're getting the wrong kind.

Wouldn't you rather get attention for being a great athlete than the one that always appears "injured?" Who wants to look like the weak link season after season?

And three? If you are hurting that much all the time, you should call a physician, get an athletic trainer or find a new program that knows how to teach correct technique. Because if it hurts all the time, you need to start back over at the beginning with the right technique before you end up with major issues.

I don't know about anyone else but ill admit I'm judgmental. I expect to see a brace here and there... That's normal. But when half a team comes out braced up and taped up.... That's when I start judging the quality of coaching in that gym. Fair or not, that reflects on the people teaching them and I'm not sending my kids to a place that looks like a recruiting center for orthopedic care.

There's people who have braces and are taped up just to look cool and fierce? seriously? Never heard of that before...

I feel like taping of any kind, braces etc. should not be applied unless recommended by a professional that knows how to use them. Cheer dr's (also known as moms and sometimes coaches with no trainer experience) can do more harm than good. Taping/bracing is great for stability if/when needed. But please be smart!
Taping/bracing isn't an excuse to not see a dr. IMO, but I do know a dr. can teach you how to properly brace yourself. I still think an injury warranting bracing should be seen, if possible, first by a dr. and then follow their advice.

12stepCheermom I totally get your point, and I'm not disagreeing w/the disregarding injuries/multiple injuries, etc...but you have to know that elite athletes do this on a regular basis (actually far worse often- like painkillers, continuous steroid shots for knees, shoulders, etc. and that's much worse for your body-). I'd be very concerned if those two things were added in the mix on a regular basis and/or a kid under the age of 18 has required more than a couple of cortisone shots anywhere, ya know?

Back