Lack Of Commitment=frustrating

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 3, 2011
There's a girl in my squad who goes weeks without showing up or letting our coach know. That being said, the coach hasn't pulled her which is frustrating because she's in my stunting group and we can't advance on missing a base.

I was wondering if this is common with anyone else?

There's a girl in my squad who goes weeks without showing up or letting our coach know. That being said, the coach hasn't pulled her which is frustrating because she's in my stunting group and we can't advance on missing a base.

I was wondering if this is common with anyone else?
People are too scared to miss our practice without telling our coaches because they'll get crazy conditioning! ;)

Our gym has mandatory attendance policy. Missing practices will get you replaced. Especially early in the season when it is easier to replace with an alternate.

My daughter had an issue with this over the past season. Her base was constantly missing cheer practice because of his soccer games. She went to her coaches to voice her concerns and they were able to work things out so she was able to be based by one of the coaches during most practices. It was still frustrating for her because being based by a coach is not the same as being based by your actual base. Next year, our gym promised to enforce stricter attendance rules.

Maybe the team should go to the coach telling them how frustrated ye are.
we have ;) but she can't do anything until the girl shows up. for now, just don't get placed in routines but it leaves a gap in one of our stunt groups.

That's awful. I hate when someone in my group doesn't show up. I think the coach should send an email or call, her not being there doesn't mean they can't get in contact with her. She signed up for it!
If you don't show up to one of our practices, you have to be sick. And not like cramps, sneezing sick, like serious sick haha. It seems harsh but it's fair. I've only missed 2 practices and 1 game in three years because of sickness!

It blows my mind that parents are willing to shell out a lot of money in tuition, comp fees, etc. and then let their kids not show up for practices. It's wasting not only their own money, but the money of all the other parents, too. You are paying for a service - to be coached and to learn skills and be on a team, so you would think parents would want to see their kids progress and their teams be successful. I just don't get it!

It blows my mind that parents are willing to shell out a lot of money in tuition, comp fees, etc. and then let their kids not show up for practices. It's wasting not only their own money, but the money of all the other parents, too. You are paying for a service - to be coached and to learn skills and be on a team, so you would think parents would want to see their kids progress and their teams be successful. I just don't get it!

Thats absolutely right! Thats a ton of wasted money considering how much allstar cheerleading costs & what is the point of being on the team if you don't go?

Back