All-Star Large Team That Should Be Medium?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 4, 2015

they don't have 32-36.... Maybe they lost some members and they didn't have enough time to switch to medium? Any ideas?

Large is 30-36, could that be why? I didn't count the number of girls in the video so idk if there are 30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no minimum # of athletes for those divisions, only a maximum. So a team that would qualify as small could choose to compete in small, medium, or large.

Look up Titan Cheer in large coed. They have competed up for a few years.

**Slip n Slide. Official sponsor of Worlds 2016**

There is no minimum # of athletes for those divisions, only a maximum. So a team that would qualify as small could choose to compete in small, medium, or large.

Titan Cheer usually has more than 8 boys, which would make them large coed regardless of the total number of athletes. The team posted above had more than 30 when they got their bid, making them large. They tried to get a bid in medium later in the season, but weren't able to, so they had to compete in large at Worlds even though they had less than 30. I know they often combine all girl divisions if there aren't more than 2 teams in each, but I didn't think you could compete in a larger division if you didn't have that number, that's interesting.

Titan Cheer usually has more than 8 boys, which would make them large coed regardless of the total number of athletes. The team posted above had more than 30 when they got their bid, making them large. They tried to get a bid in medium later in the season, but weren't able to, so they had to compete in large at Worlds even though they had less than 30. I know they often combine all girl divisions if there aren't more than 2 teams in each, but I didn't think you could compete in a larger division if you didn't have that number, that's interesting.

I think the only low-end number requirement is that you have at least 7 athletes on the floor but I am not positive of that number

I think the only low-end number requirement is that you have at least 7 athletes on the floor but I am not positive of that number

I don't know about World's teams, but CP has competed with a team of 5. That said, I thought world's divisions were done by number of boys not number of overall athletes?

You can compete in the large division with 5 athletes and with the current ratio rules the team would be scored the same as a team with the full 36 (I'm sure the performance based scores would be affected). The link has the age grid which shows team size rules for each division. Makes no sense to me but it is clearly stated in the rules.
USASF Cheer Rules

You can compete in the large division with 5 athletes and with the current ratio rules the team would be scored the same as a team with the full 36 (I'm sure the performance based scores would be affected). The link has the age grid which shows team size rules for each division. Makes no sense to me but it is clearly stated in the rules.
USASF Cheer Rules
Where it says the small/large splits, it states that the split must follow the team sizes below and says small is 5-20 and large is 21-32 or 36. Unless I'm misinterpreting that.

Where it says the small/large splits, it states that the split must follow the team sizes below and says small is 5-20 and large is 21-32 or 36. Unless I'm misinterpreting that.
I think that is referring to splitting divisions at competitions. It clearly states Large Senior (also small and medium) 5-36 for number on squad.

so lets say Lady Bullets, since there small, could choose to be in a medium division even though they didn't have atleast 21 athletes?

so lets say Lady Bullets, since there small, could choose to be in a medium division even though they didn't have atleast 21 athletes?

That is my understanding, yes.

Obviously the team that began this discussion technically competed up.

I don't know about World's teams, but CP has competed with a team of 5. That said, I thought world's divisions were done by number of boys not number of overall athletes?

Nope.

Hence small, medium, and large all girl (for example.)

Back