All-Star Level 1 Mini Tic-toc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

kksmom

Cheer Parent
Jan 9, 2016
hey everyone - so I have noticed looking on this board for the past 72 hours - that most of you guys seem to have older girls so I don't know if I will get an answer ...

I have obsessively looked at other level 1 mini teams from all over the US and don't find many teams doing tic-tocs... Why is that?

It looks hard... my 7 year old struggled (first season for her) but luckily has it down now...So you would think other teams would have lots of them in their stunting too ... Or is out gym just tic-toc obsessed?

Our first competition in December was an UCA event and their final points were 94.11 (taking home 1st out of 8)...

So... Why don't I see tic-tocs? Too easy? Too boring? What is it?

Every team has their own styling and that will dictate what they want their athletes to do.

Oh, and welcome to the board, from another Mini mom. There is a handful of us that are active, so you're definitely not alone in this age group.

I coach a junior level 1 (that is almost all youth aged kids with less than a handful of junior aged kids) and we have a mini level 1 (that I don't coach) at our gym and both of our level 1 teams do tick tocks.Fairly certain they are both lib to stretch tick tocks, and I'd say that most of the teams we've been up against this season (as far as junior level 1s go) have had them in their routines as well as it is one of few clearly defined "elite" LTDs that level 1 teams can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughter's Y1 team do tic-tocs. Only lib to lib (followed by scorpion) but they've struggled enough with that lol. Lib to stretch sounds awesome.

Describe your tic-tocs @kksmom ... I'm curious now. :)

In first stunt she does a backwalkover and is caught in handstand position by back spot who grabs her legs and pulls them on floor into bases hands who then lift her in the air. A girl comes to hold her hand and she libs then tic-tocs into heelstretch. They dib her down (not sure what it is called) and she goes back up and pulls lib and as bases rotate a quarter turn she tic-tocs into a scorpion and pulls scale. Dib back down and up. Bases and back spot walk into different position and she cradled down...

There is also a "regular) tic-toc (lib to lib) and a tic-toc into heelstretch on a girls back...

In first stunt she does a backwalkover and is caught in handstand position by back spot who grabs her legs and pulls them on floor into bases hands who then lift her in the air. A girl comes to hold her hand and she libs then tic-tocs into heelstretch. They dib her down (not sure what it is called) and she goes back up and pulls lib and as bases rotate a quarter turn she tic-tocs into a scorpion and pulls scale. Dib back down and up. Bases and back spot walk into different position and she cradled down...

There is also a "regular) tic-toc (lib to lib) and a tic-toc into heelstretch on a girls back...

I've seen something similar to this combo at competitions before and while it may seem like a tic-toc obsessed if it's what is helping them win, who cares? CP loves watching kids her age, if you have a video we have a thread dedicated to sharing them. I know it seems like it's mostly filled with World's lvl teams but it's for all ages/levels.

I know i don't care - if they can hit their routine ... Whatever the gym thinks will work. Non of my business :)

I was just confused that when looking at other level 1 mini teams... No one was really doing it... And while it seems hard to me... Maybe it is actually just too easy and that's why others don't do it.

Like I said - this is our first season and I just like to "know" things :) and I am surely not going to ask her coach why he puts so many tic-tocs in there when no one else does it (I am not one of those people!)...

I know i don't care - if they can hit their routine ... Whatever the gym thinks will work. Non of my business :)

I was just confused that when looking at other level 1 mini teams... No one was really doing it... And while it seems hard to me... Maybe it is actually just too easy and that's why others don't do it.

Like I said - this is our first season and I just like to "know" things :) and I am surely not going to ask her coach why he puts so many tic-tocs in there when no one else does it (I am not one of those people!)...

I get that---I did a lot of learning for my CP's first year. I wouldn't necessarily say it's too easy or too hard or too boring, a lot just depends on the other elements in the routine and the best way for that routine to hit the scoresheet. For example, a difficult elite stunt with a simple pyramid, subpar tumbling, and an amazing dance may not win against a team who is average in all aspects of their routine and vice versa. That is kinda what makes AS cheer fun; there are multiple options to achieving the win and sometimes it just comes down to creativity and innovation, when all other things are equal.

Some teams use them some don't. My CP is Y2 and some teams rely on ticks for their elite points while others do things like half ups to extension or a body position. They seem to score pretty similarly on level 2. I think its stylistic sometimes, and in some cases it depends on the strengths and weaknesses of the athletes involved. If one elite skill is easier for the athletes to hit consistently with good technique, that's the one that gets used.

Back