Level 1 Release Moves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just realized you said it was considered a pyramid in your first post. It honestly should not have been considered a pyramid because the top person was connected to a base and a base cannot be a base and brace at the same time. The rule was re-written to make that more obvious for next season, but the rule hasn't actually changed.

If the top person was connected to someone else standing on the ground, that wasn't a base or spot, with a hand/arm connection it would have been fine.

So, let's say the front spot was standing on the side instead and provided the connection. That would make it legal?

So, let's say the front spot was standing on the side instead and provided the connection. That would make it legal?

Yes, if the front and top had an arm/hand connection and the front isn't considered a base it would have been legal. It doesn't matter if the front person remained in front or moved to the side.

I just realized you said it was considered a pyramid in your first post. It honestly should not have been considered a pyramid because the top person was connected to a base and a base cannot be a base and brace at the same time. The rule was re-written to make that more obvious for next season, but the rule hasn't actually changed.

If the top person was connected to someone else standing on the ground, that wasn't a base or spot, with a hand/arm connection it would have been fine.

"It honestly should not have been considered a pyramid because the top person was connected to a base and a base cannot be a base and brace at the same time." (WRONG)

Here is our Senior 1 doing the same pyramid sequence with a heal stretch ... Tic Toc at 01:38

This season the person connected can not be part of the stunt. for example: the bracer cannot be an active base or front/ back spot.

I've seen different variations of that stunt done by several level 1 teams in cali over the past 2 years, But never with the flyer in contact with the base. The flyer is usually in contact with an extra person not in the stunt

j7annc.jpg

"It honestly should not have been considered a pyramid because the top person was connected to a base and a base cannot be a base and brace at the same time." (WRONG)

Here is our Senior 1 doing the same pyramid sequence with a heal stretch ... Tic Toc at 01:38

This season the person connected can not be part of the stunt. for example: the bracer cannot be an active base or front/ back spot.

Send it to Les and see what he says.

You didn't include a link to the Senior 1 team.

I did talk to les this weekend, and he would not have ruled any stunt that was made legal under pyramids last year illegal just becasue of the pyramid definition in the glossary. Same goes for this year, if its legal under pyramdis then its legal to use as a stunt (he did say that its up to the EP how to score them) Same goes for this year in level 1, if you connect to a person (who now has to be a seperate spotter) and do a prep lib grabbing the arm of someone on the ground, its legal. He said it odesn't matter if its a s tunt section or a pyramid etc. I also brought up a different way to do prep libs in a legal fashion in level 1, and he said it would be legal without a spotter grabbing the arm, i'm not going to give it entirely away because I am using it, but look under the definitions of a two leg stunt and remember that hitches are legal level 1, no matter where the foot goes. You should be able to figure it out.

Back