Level 1 Single Leg

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 9, 2011
Not a legal question more of a 'which category is this'? Single leg at prep braced by someone standing on the floor (arm to arm contact). I have been told by one EP that they class this as a pyramid but by another that it is a stunt as there are not two stunts linked.

We have a competition with the first EP in a couple of weeks and I don't know how it will affect my score, if any.

Thanks

For a level 1 team, it should be classified as a pyramid. That would be illegal as a stunt & the separate person acting as the brace is a separate "structure". Be sure that ground person isn't also bracing in any other way (other hand on flyers knee, etc.) or it's illegal! But it never hurts to be prepared & ask the EP to be sure you will get credit for what you are doing.

championprincess it's not illegal as there is still bracing. The ground person is doing nothing but brace. My question was more how is it a pyramid and not a stunt, sincer there is not two or mor stunt groups involved.

Hodiestoe it's because it is only legal under level 1 pyramid rules.

From the USASF glossary (pyramid): Individuals standing at ground level may be incorporated into the grouping.

Which company said they would score it under stunts?

championprincess it's not illegal as there is still bracing. The ground person is doing nothing but brace. My question was more how is it a pyramid and not a stunt, sincer there is not two or mor stunt groups involved.
I agree with you that a person on the ground and pyramid you described is legal...my warning came from Level 1 Pyramids D2, stating that the ground level brace can not also be involved in basing or spotting.

Andre the stunt that we are discussing was used in several level 1 routines last year. I know none of these teams were called for legalities and it was clearly used in the stunt transitions not pyramids. When the backspot holds the flyers hand and is still in the backspot position would this be illegal? There is nothing about it in the stunt rules, only pyramid. It's obviously being used as a stunt transition NOT a pyramid. What's your call?

Andre the stunt that we are discussing was used in several level 1 routines last year. I know none of these teams were called for legalities and it was clearly used in the stunt transitions not pyramids. When the backspot holds the flyers hand and is still in the backspot position would this be illegal? There is nothing about it in the stunt rules, only pyramid. It's obviously being used as a stunt transition NOT a pyramid. What's your call?
At prep level, you can't have just the backstop hold the hands. There needs to be someone not involved in the stunt holding on. If its below then the back can hold their hand if they want.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

It comes down to the grip. Some groups I saw last season performed these in a way that was considered a single based stunt with a side spot so the person in back was only a brace, making it legal. Others had 2 bases with a person in back that was the spot and a brace, making it illegal.

Thanks Andre. Would the first example, in your opinion, ever be considered a pyramid, or would you consider it just to be a stunt?

Thanks Andre. Would the first example, in your opinion, ever be considered a pyramid, or would you consider it just to be a stunt?

For a scoring judge it can be either and will probably be put where it helps the most. For a rules judge it needs to be treated as a pyramid.

Back