All-Star Level 1 Stunts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

LDT=Load ins, Dismounts & Transitions.

fiercetumbler10 In our SR 1 elite stunt we do a 1/4 up to stag, bump down to belly level lib, brace and tick tock up to single based stretch at prep level. Arabesque down to belly level. Back up to prep level torch. Elevator. Cradle.
When we compete I'll let you know if we hit max but I'm pretty sure we do. We max on pyramid too.
Since the stunt is mixed in with a stunt sequence idk why they would score it separately. If they do we still hit the scores pretty hard anyway so I doubt we change it.

To add to this since I didn't include my yth or minis, we do bwo out of stunts. We didn't add any inversions before stunts but we plan to add cw or Fwo before our quantity knee level stunts.

And you can try 1/4 up to a load if they cant hit the 1/4 up to prep.

What kills me about level 1 prep level 1 leg stunts is that you have to have 3 bases and an extra "bracer". I don't understand why you can't have a group w/ two bases (like a coed stunt) and have a random person as a bracer. My level 1 team set, grabbed the bracer, then did an arabesque at 1/2 level w 2 bases and was called illegal. The judges said they needed a spotter....I was like they have two bases and a bracer!!! Whatever, we changed it for day two.

What kills me about level 1 prep level 1 leg stunts is that you have to have 3 bases and an extra "bracer". I don't understand why you can't have a group w/ two bases (like a coed stunt) and have a random person as a bracer. My level 1 team set, grabbed the bracer, then did an arabesque at 1/2 level w 2 bases and was called illegal. The judges said they needed a spotter....I was like they have two bases and a bracer!!! Whatever, we changed it for day two.
It doesn't count towards the stunt score though, right? This seems like a pyramid to me.

Yes it counts as a "pyramid" because there is a connection. But what annoyed me was that we did a coed 1/2 (one person holding both feet and a side spot; so two bases) and it was legal, but connect it to someone on the ground and make it a single leg and they said it was illegal and needed another base. I don't get it.

Yes it counts as a "pyramid" because there is a connection. But what annoyed me was that we did a coed 1/2 (one person holding both feet and a side spot; so two bases) and it was legal, but connect it to someone on the ground and make it a single leg and they said it was illegal and needed another base. I don't get it.
Since when does anything make sense?

Every prep level stunt needs a spot at level 1 - in your coed 1/2 the side spot makes it legal.

You don't need anyone else to make your single leg legal - just have one of the bases (side base) hold the back of the ankle. They are then considered a spot and the stunt is legal.

I wanted to update that we competed last weekend and our partner stunt score wasn't where I want it to be. We are going to take out the braced prep and add in more fake tick tocks to see if that helps.
Our pyramid score was almost a perfect 6.

What competition? I would definitely text les the video, but that can (assuming grips are correct be legal. As long as the third person(one holding hand) is not the required spotter, this can be done. If you want to get really impressive, don't have the second base(ie the spotter) touch the foot, and I guarantee you it will be legal.

i coach a junior level one with 16 on the team. we've maxed out every single score sheet that we have been judged on. we do 5 switch up stretches (knee stunt) 5 straight up bow and arrows. quarter down. opposite leg lib. tick tock to scale. scorpion bump down. with prep cradles in the pyramid. we've received maximum points every time for difficulty! :) idk if this helps or not!

Anyone have some suggestions for an 8-person pyramid?

one regular 4 person group that does show'n go to prep (picture - with two side groups in libs), all bump, prep braced with should sits, press extn (picture), bump and switch grip to lib and middle group goes up to double braced prep lib and fake tick-tocks, then all dismount. I've never coached level 1 so it's all pretty new to me - Is this an adequate pyramid? I feel like there are just no transitions in there, everything is a bump down to load, change grips, and back up to a picture while the outside groups spend most of the pyramid in a shoulder sit.

DaniV you can move the structures. Spin an arabesque around to the other side. Or bump down the middle group to a shoulder sit onto their back spot and move those bases to the outside shoulder sits and let them pop up to braced prep level one legs on a single base. The outside ss bases would become their back spot.
Just some suggestions to get your ideas flowing. Change people around throughout the pyramid and keep it moving and I bet you can come up with some cool stuff!

Where were you competing? I have competed with 2 bases and bracer and never been told it was illigal. Although it may all depend on where your "back spot" is standing. When we set it up, we set up as a normal group. 2 bases, a back and a flyer. The set flyer sets on main base with 1 hand on their shoulder and the other arm is given to the bracer(secondary base) The back sets for a normal back spot grip behind the stunt. The bracer grabs hand and underneath the arm, when the group dips, the bracer basically J's their arm up and under the flyer and becomes a post for the flyer. Does that make sense?

DaniV you can move the structures. Spin an arabesque around to the other side. Or bump down the middle group to a shoulder sit onto their back spot and move those bases to the outside shoulder sits and let them pop up to braced prep level one legs on a single base. The outside ss bases would become their back spot.
Just some suggestions to get your ideas flowing. Change people around throughout the pyramid and keep it moving and I bet you can come up with some cool stuff!

That is exactly what the judges suggested (moving structures around for more variety). Thanks for the help! We had our first comp yesterday and it went really well so I'm excited to start increasing their difficulty in some areas :)

Back