Level 2 Pyramid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 10, 2011
I was wondering if this pyramid would be legal in level 2 - I am thinking it would as long as the two girl's in the back bend's head doesn't fall down past their hips (making that an inverted stunt).

Also, anyone know which team this is?

Thanks!

image.tiff

I see 2 issues with this pyramid for level 2

The first is that it seems the flyers are receiving primary support from the girls they are leaning on. This would be contrary to level 2 pyramid rule B:

B. Top persons must receive primary support from a base.

Second, it's not clear on the photo, but the extended flyers must be connected by hand/arm to the outside preps.

Extended single-leg stunts must be braced by at least one top person at prep level or below with hand/arm
connection only. The hand/arm of the top person must be, and remain, connected to the hand/arm of
the bracer.

As far as the body positioning, her head must stay above the hips in order to not be considered inverted.

I see 2 issues with this pyramid for level 2

The first is that it seems the flyers are receiving primary support from the girls they are leaning on. This would be contrary to level 2 pyramid rule B:

B. Top persons must receive primary support from a base.

Second, it's not clear on the photo, but the extended flyers must be connected by hand/arm to the outside preps.

Extended single-leg stunts must be braced by at least one top person at prep level or below with hand/arm
connection only. The hand/arm of the top person must be, and remain, connected to the hand/arm of
the bracer.

As far as the body positioning, her head must stay above the hips in order to not be considered inverted.

I guess that leads us to decide where the arm ends, is the shoulder part of the arm? If so, then you just have to hold the shoulders- if not then you need to hold a part of the arm that is more definitively "arm or hand"

I guess that leads us to decide where the arm ends, is the shoulder part of the arm? If so, then you just have to hold the shoulders- if not then you need to hold a part of the arm that is more definitively "arm or hand"

It looks like they're bracing the back. The flyer's arms are bent and by the waist. I don't think that is the spirit of the rule, but not a judge.

BTW, I would say the shoulder is generally part of the arm.

@Andre any idea on the grey area of what is considered part of the arm?

It looks like they're bracing the back. The flyer's arms are bent and by the waist. I don't think that is the spirit of the rule, but not a judge.

BTW, I would say the shoulder is generally part of the arm.

@Andre any idea on the grey area of what is considered part of the arm?
Right side is definitely the back but I think that is a hand on the shoulder of the left. Can't really tell where the extended flyers arms are, I think their hands are on their hips but I'm not sure

Okay so if the bracer were to hold the hands while she did the bend would that make it legal? Also I would say that the main bases underneath are still the primary support for the top; I think that most of her weight is supported by those main bases

I can't tell enough from the image to say anything useful.

I can't tell enough from the image to say anything useful.

I will try to describe what we want to do:
All flyers start in load position, the main flyers that go in the back bend have their front leg held by the middle flyer, their other foot is in their bases hands held in a liberty position, theirs arms are reaching back holding the outside flyers arms (outside flyers arms are reaching forward and up holding the main flyers arms as well). The main flyers that are in the back bend position get extended and they bend back at the same time, putting SOME weight on the outside flyers arms but MOST of their weight is stabilized by their bases. Their head and shoulders never drops below their waist and they are holding onto the outside thigh level preps' arms the entire time. If this doesn't help I can video tape it next practice and post it. Thanks @Andre

All flyers start in load position, the main flyers that go in the back bend have their front leg held by the middle flyer, their other foot is in their bases hands held in a liberty position, theirs arms are reaching back holding the outside flyers arms (outside flyers arms are reaching forward and up holding the main flyers arms as well). The main flyers that are in the back bend position get extended and they bend back at the same time, putting SOME weight on the outside flyers arms but MOST of their weight is stabilized by their bases. Their head and shoulders never drops below their waist and they are holding onto the outside thigh level preps' arms the entire time. If this doesn't help I can video tape it next practice and post it. Thanks @Andre

Please video. If you don't want to make it public you can email it to [email protected].

So it is basically like doing an arabseque pyramid but the flyer is reversed with her stomach up?

Instead of starting in a sponge with her arms and leg out and her stomach down, she is starting with her arms and legs out with her stomach up.

So it is basically like doing an arabseque pyramid but the flyer is reversed with her stomach up?

Instead of starting in a sponge with her arms and leg out and her stomach down, she is starting with her arms and legs out with her stomach up.

I guess that is true!

Back