Level 2 Skills To Level 5 In How Long?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think it's possible, depending on several factors. First is her strength. Get her conditioning and in amazing shape. She'll need the strength (core especially) to do both the harder stunts (twists) and tumbling. Second, the level of the team. Are they a true level 5?? A lot of teams here compete "level 5", but really all they do that is at level are double downs. Does your gym have a true understanding of the USASF levels?? Third - don't push her. Don't let the coaches put her in a situation where she could become injured cos she is throwing skills that are too much past her abilities. Better to cheer level 5 in a couple of years or so versus sustaining an injury now that may put her out of cheer

I'm working on increasing her core strength right now. It''s almost funny you mention that because she was complaining that her abs were sore yesterday. I told her that was a good thing lol. The team would be a true level 5. The tumbling coaches are amazing and majority of the level 4 is working on their full. I'm not going to push her. We've talked about it and this is what she wants. In fact she pushes me to get her to more tumbling classes. I will be very mindful of her limitations. I want her to master one skill before she moves on. If she only masters all the level 3 skills, we're cool with that. We just watched a young lady break her arm in several places over the weekend bailing on a layout so I'm definitely going to be careful. Thanks so much for the advice!!

Just a quick update. CP started sticking her RO, BHS, Tuck this week. It was crazy because we haven't been going to the gym since March. She started working on her layout on Monday and by Wednesday she was no longer being spotted on that anymore. I'm excited and her confidence grows with each skill she learns.

Back