Level 2 Transition?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 13, 2014
XhDUYI3.jpg

This one makes me nervous. We did it at our first competition and the safety judge didn't say anything...

So, as you can see, this is kind of a sponge toss but one base keeps the foot the whole time. It doesn't stop into anything looking like a lib.

Is it really legal?

XhDUYI3.jpg

This one makes me nervous. We did it at our first competition and the safety judge didn't say anything...

So, as you can see, this is kind of a sponge toss but one base keeps the foot the whole time. It doesn't stop into anything looking like a lib.

Is it really legal?
If it's not released, it's considered a transition. It's basically a show and go. However, be sure it doesn't go to an extended level with only one base connected.

XhDUYI3.jpg

Is it really legal?

It passes through extended level on one foot so is illegal at level 2. Either do what @retiredl5cheer said and make sure it doesn't go extended or actually release and do a sponge toss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it's not released, it's considered a transition. It's basically a show and go. However, be sure it doesn't go to an extended level with only one base connected.

When would you consider it to be extended? Is it from the time the flyer's feet goes over the bases shoulders? If so, it's clearly illegal here on my pictures.

The base arms never get fully extended.

So, if I get this right, the flyer's feet shouldn't go higher than the bases heads in order for it to be legal. Am I right?

When would you consider it to be extended? Is it from the time the flyer's feet goes over the bases shoulders? If so, it's clearly illegal here on my pictures.
Yes. Just have both bases keep contact. Send it to USASF for official ruling.

Back