Level 2?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 2, 2015
hi
I'm a level one cheerleader ( I've just started recently) but if I had my back handspring I'd be moving up to level 2!
I have all the motions of a back handspring but I just can't seem to jump back without a spotter! My coach says I'm definitely able to do it own my own but I'm so scared does anyone have any tips or has anyone had this experience.
Please reply thanks

After reading your other thread it's important to remember you need all aspects of level two. This includes strong jumps and stunting as well as combo to multiple bhs. (Such as front walkover round off bhs.)

Rep it out a million times. It will only get easier the more you do it. Jumping backwards to your head isn't normal so your body and mind need to get used to the idea. Lots of drills and practice will get you there

After reading your other thread it's important to remember you need all aspects of level two. This includes strong jumps and stunting as well as combo to multiple bhs. (Such as front walkover round off bhs.)

Yes I agree my jumps are strong I just need to work on stunting and my coach said if I get my back handspring it's quite easy to get a round off back handspring!
Thanks for the advice!

Rep it out a million times. It will only get easier the more you do it. Jumping backwards to your head isn't normal so your body and mind need to get used to the idea. Lots of drills and practice will get you there

Thanks I'll try it!

Drills. Drills. Drills. Hollow Body holds go along way. I am telling you, you may not be worried, but in the end part of the backhandspring, it helps to work on hollow bodies because if that landing isn't good, next levels standing tumbling will not be easy. But for the back part, you don't need the strongest arms in the world, its ok. If you keep them locked out and shrug up you will get an amazing rebound. :)

Drills. Drills. Drills. Hollow Body holds go along way. I am telling you, you may not be worried, but in the end part of the backhandspring, it helps to work on hollow bodies because if that landing isn't good, next levels standing tumbling will not be easy. But for the back part, you don't need the strongest arms in the world, its ok. If you keep them locked out and shrug up you will get an amazing rebound. :)

I have strong arms and I always lock them because one time I didn't and I fell straight on my head and I vowed always to lock my arms when attempting one lol but I just don't have enough power to get my legs over I always land on my knees! Do you have any tips for that, thanks?

Handstand snap downs. Lots of them. Anything that strengthens your lower abs. That's where the pull to get your legs over comes form. Also, make sure you are driving aggressively with your hips through the handstand position , then snapping. My CP struggled with this learning her BHS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Handstand snap downs. Lots of them. Anything that strengthens your lower abs. That's where the pull to get your legs over comes form. Also, make sure you are driving aggressively with your hips through the handstand position , then snapping. My CP struggled with this learning her BHS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks this sounds like the drill I need to get my BHS!

Back