Level 3 - Elites Dismount (no Backspot)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 29, 2010
Since I can't access the rules at all to confirm, can anyone tell me (at least what the rule was last year) regarding the rule about cradling from a double based (no backspot) extended single leg stunt?

Since I can't access the rules at all to confirm, can anyone tell me (at least what the rule was last year) regarding the rule about cradling from a double based (no backspot) extended single leg stunt?

If both people on the ground are considered based it's illegal. If one is a base and one is a spot it's legal.

If both people on the ground are considered based it's illegal. If one is a base and one is a spot it's legal.

One person on the ground could be considered a spot depending on their grip, right? So if one base has a hand on the flyer's ankle, that makes them a spot, and it would be legal for them to cradle?

One person on the ground could be considered a spot depending on their grip, right? So if one base has a hand on the flyer's ankle, that makes them a spot, and it would be legal for them to cradle?

I won't say one person is spot without seeing a picture or video.

If one of them is a spot cradling is legal.

I have this video that shows what I'm talking about for the spot making this cradle legal. Please ignore the bad flying and safety of almost dropping the cradle. :oops:

I have this video that shows what I'm talking about for the spot making this cradle legal. Please ignore the bad flying and safety of almost dropping the cradle. :oops:

If I ignore the person in the white tights this is not legal because the grip is incorrect.

If I ignore the person in the white tights this is not legal because the grip is incorrect.

Does the grip have to be on the back of the ankle? I thought there just had to a hand on the ankle and that it didn't matter if it was front or back. Or am I completely off base here completely?

Thank you Andre! I truly appreciate your help with this!

Does the grip have to be on the back of the ankle? I thought there just had to a hand on the ankle and that it didn't matter if it was front or back. Or am I completely off base here completely?

In this video it needs to be the back hand on the back of the ankle or wrist.

In this video it needs to be the back hand on the back of the ankle or wrist.

Okay, so the back hand on the back of the ankle WILL make it legal to cradle from. That's what we needed to clarify!

Thank you so much!!I truly appreciate your time!!

Okay, so the back hand on the back of the ankle WILL make it legal to cradle from. That's what we needed to clarify!

Thank you so much!!I truly appreciate your time!!

That should do it, but I won't say anything is legal without seeing it anymore.

Your best option is too have the base that had two hands under the foot, also furthest from the camera.... To change her grip to toe and ankle, while the base closest to camera. Does heel and middle of foot...

Back