Level 3 Pyramid Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

in this video how is the release move done on the sides legal in level 3? i thought u had to be braced by 2 people?

The rules were updated for this season.

1. During a pyramid transition, a top person may pass above 2 persons high while in direct physical contact with at least two persons at prep level or below.
      Clarification: Level 3 Pyramid Release Moves may now incorporate stunt release moves that maintain contact with one other top person provided the Release move meet the criteria established under L3 Stunt Release Moves or L3 Dismounts. L3 Pyramid Release moves, must maintain contact with two other top persons if the release move begins at prep level or above, passes above extended arm level, includes more than one skill, or is caught in an extended position.

The rules were updated for this season.

1. During a pyramid transition, a top person may pass above 2 persons high while in direct physical contact with at least two persons at prep level or below.
      Clarification: Level 3 Pyramid Release Moves may now incorporate stunt release moves that maintain contact with one other top person provided the Release move meet the criteria established under L3 Stunt Release Moves or L3 Dismounts. L3 Pyramid Release moves, must maintain contact with two other top persons if the release move begins at prep level or above, passes above extended arm level, includes more than one skill, or is caught in an extended position.

i would say it passes about extended arm level though! the bases arms are extended when they toss and the flyers hips go higher than if she would be standing in extension... maybe the bases were just a little enthusiastic on the day?

i would say it passes about extended arm level though! the bases arms are extended when they toss and the flyers hips go higher than if she would be standing in extension... maybe the bases were just a little enthusiastic on the day?
Looks at the head of the flyer being thrown and the head of the flyer in the prep. The released flyer barely goes above it, which means she isn't even at a fully extended level.

Looks at the head of the flyer being thrown and the head of the flyer in the prep. The released flyer barely goes above it, which means she isn't even at a fully extended level.
i thought the ruling was on their hips, i have it paused at 2.30 and was watching the flyer on the right of the screen her butt is jst above the face of the flyer in prep :s .... but maybe its just me i know i would get called for it here in scotland

i thought the ruling was on their hips, i have it paused at 2.30 and was watching the flyer on the right of the screen her butt is jst above the face of the flyer in prep :s .... but maybe its just me i know i would get called for it here in scotland
It is the hips. I was trying to get a better point of reference. Assume that when you are in an extension, you are 2-3 feet higher than in a prep depending on the age range. If her hips were 2 feet higher than the hips of a flyer in a prep, then that is fine.

Back