Level 3 Pyramid Transition Legality

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
I need help coming up with a level 3 pyramid transition from group to group with a person on the ground attached to the top girl.
I was wondering if you are able to flip from flatback in one group to the other group in sponge. Can anyone tell me if this would be legal.

Yes just have one of the original bases stay connected to the flyer for the entire transistion

I'm not as convinced it's legal as CGAcheer. I'd like to see a video because since it goes inverted the connection needs to remain at shoulder level or below unless it's a suspended forward roll.

I'm not as convinced it's legal as CGAcheer. I'd like to see a video because since it goes inverted the connection needs to remain at shoulder level or below unless it's a suspended forward roll.
Has there been a change in interpretation since last year?

L3 Pyramids-Inversions
Must follow L3 Stunt Inversions rules
A top person may pass through an inverted position, during a pyramid transition, if the top person remains in contact with a base(s) that is direct weight bearing contact with the performing surface. The base that remains in contact with the top person may extend their arms during the transition, if the skill starts and ends in a position at prep level or below.
Example: A flat back split which rolls to a load in position would be legal even if the base extends their arms during the inversion skill.
Example: A flat back split which rolls to an extended position would be illegal because it did not first land in a position below extended level.

We did a similar extended inverted transition but with a half twist to cradle which was cleared by Les and a season full of safety judges

Has there been a change in interpretation since last year?

L3 Pyramids-Inversions
Must follow L3 Stunt Inversions rules
A top person may pass through an inverted position, during a pyramid transition, if the top person remains in contact with a base(s) that is direct weight bearing contact with the performing surface. The base that remains in contact with the top person may extend their arms during the transition, if the skill starts and ends in a position at prep level or below.
Example: A flat back split which rolls to a load in position would be legal even if the base extends their arms during the inversion skill.
Example: A flat back split which rolls to an extended position would be illegal because it did not first land in a position below extended level.

We did a similar extended inverted transition but with a half twist to cradle which was cleared by Les and a season full of safety judges

The skill described as I'm picturing it would fall under stunt rules. I think we need a video.

The skill described as I'm picturing it would fall under stunt rules. I think we need a video.
From Les, if its happening within the sequence it's pyramid

I may look back through the emails and see if I can find it

I'll get the video when on a computer, but here we go

At level 3, Are we allowed to extend during the inversion in the pyramid transition in the middle of the this video.

I would consider it a pyramid transition, which are allowed to be extended, since it is in the middle of a pyramid. But the flyer is not touching another flyer which some have said makes it fall under stunts in which case I either need to have her not extend or be touched by another stunt. I guess it just comes down to what constitutes a pyramid.

Thanks!

To which he replied

This is very obviously a pyramid transition.

. The referenced transition is at about 3:10

Back