Level 5 Tryouts:)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 19, 2011
Hi everybody.:)
So last season, i didn't tryout out for my all star team. I more so just walked on after high school comp cheer was over because their small coed 5 team needed to be filled. I made tons of improvement being on an all star team, especially it being level 5. Before all stars, i had a layout, and could barely base or back at a level 3 level( i came from being a gymnast to high school cheerleading) I can now base and back at a high level 5 standard and i have any type of jumps to back and a two to layout, but im missing a two to full and im so close on my running full its insane. Now since the season is over, im not gurenteed a spot since i actually have to tryout now. My tryout date is May 21st and I have the biggest fear that i could be placed on a level 4 team next year. Is there anything i can do to better my chances at being be back on a senior coed 5 team again? Any tips, what coaches look for at tryouts in a level 5 cheerleader, what i can do to up my game, anything i can do to get seriously prepared for tryout? Any advice is welcomed and greatly appreciated! I wish you all best of luck at your own tryouts and a great season with it! Thank you so much!:)

It sounds like to me that you have what it takes!!! Baing a great base and jumps to back are important! I am sure you will have your full before the season starts! Good luck!

I'm having the same kind of problem. I really want to make my gyms new level 5 team but my full isn't there yet. I have triple toe to back and hands to layout. just missing the full factor. I am a relatively good base though, but i'm so short i don't think they'd have a use for me. Do you have any advice?

I'm having the same kind of problem. I really want to make my gyms new level 5 team but my full isn't there yet. I have triple toe to back and hands to layout. just missing the full factor. I am a relatively good base though, but i'm so short i don't think they'd have a use for me. Do you have any advice?

If you're good enough, they'll use you. But it's work. Obviously you're going to have a little trouble at first, but with the right attitude who's really stopping you? Honestly I'm sure more believe this way than they say but, I don't care if you're a world medalist and are the best flyer or strongest base, if you don't have a good attitude and work ethic, then you don't deserve it.

So just smile and do what you can to your best.Even when no one is looking. :)

No matter what be confident in the skills you do have, you never know what will happen. My cp's gym takes into account loyal cheerleaders and future potential so I think you should be fine.

Sounds like you are close on skills, so hit the gym hard until tryouts to perfect those. Also, really work hard on the performance and cleanliness aspects of the routine at tryouts. I have found that those girls that are sharp, clean and really WEEEERRRRKKKKK the floor, stand out everytime! Good luck!!!

Back