OT Life Proof Cases

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 13, 2010
Do any of y'all have life proof cases for iPhones? I am thinking about getting one because they are so life proof according to the website, but I have heard that the case itself has cracked some peoples phones. What do y'all think?

I've never heard of them, but OtterBoxes are really popular with my friends. They're usually pretty bulky, but a guy I know also got a slimmer one and I thought about getting it. I had one for my old BlackBerry and loved it, it was just made out of rubber so I took it off (half because I hated my BB and didn't think it deserved the luxury of a case, and also because it wouldn't slide in my pocket easily!).

A girl at the gym just got one, she's only had it for a few days, but she demonstrated the water-proof aspect and that seemed to work really well

I have the otter box commuter case and love it! It's not too bulky and really helps protect my phone considering I drop it daily haha

well I had an otter box, but some how I managed to break it :rolleyes: so I wanted to try something a little more durable. I'm quite accident prone..haha

i ordered my life proof case a week after i got my i phone. coincidentally, my iphone fell in the toilet the day i ordered the case, so i never got to try it out. my best friend has one though, and when we're at restraunts she puts it in her drink... i don't know why. haha, and shes more accident prone than me, and hers has held up for about 3 months, so i would say go for it.

One of my daughters friends post Facebook videos in the pool under water of her doing flips and she said she has one of those cases!!

Otterbox is good, but I found it a bit bulky. I did drop my phone once and the case broke, but not the phone.

My new case is Ivyskin. I really like it.

I have the Lifeproof case and it is great for the water resistance part (my kids otherwise would destroy my phone).

But it is pretty thin, not sure how well it would work when dropped.

The other downside is that to use headphones, you need to use a special adaptor and sometimes plugging in to charge can be a pain (especially if you use something with a dock.)

Have an otter box because I have a really little one who likes to watch shows on my phone why sisters cheer - been dropped multiple times and I LOVE my case. Makes my phone big and bulky but for me that works because it is easier to find in my mom purse - otter box not water resistant but otherwise very happy with it.

I follow a girl on instagram and she got one and she was using it in her pool but she left it in the water too long and now her phone has water damage.

Holy crap, $79.99 for an iphone case? I'm happy with my $30 dollar one. It may not be waterproof but I have phone insurance for that:)

my boyfriend has had the lifeproof and the otterbox, personally i think otterboxes are hideous, but i mean they do their job, lifeproof are WAY thinner but they feel a little weird to hold personally i would choose the lifeproof case just for the fact of it being thinner and waterproof, i really recommend looking up how to seal it properly as if its not done 100% right it wont work (obviously) most importantly google reviews and watch youtube videos on them before you commit

Back