OT Lock In Activities

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jun 25, 2013
This is not cheer related but I feel this community has done enough lock ins to be able to answer my question. I'm having a lock in for my orchestra this week, (about 16 high schoolers) what are some fun team bonding activities we can do, cheap and put together fast?

Since Halloween is coming up:

You could get a bunch of random costume pieces and fill several boxes with them, and then divide the orchestra into groups (one group per box) and have a contest: each group picks one of its members to dress up, and they are all given a certain amount of time in which to do that. You orchestra teacher and a few kids can form a judging panel.

Divide into groups of 4 or 5, give each group 2 trash bags, scissors and a ball of string. They have to dress one of their group members up using only trash bags and string and there will be a runway fashion show at the end. Have your director(s) judge the winner :)

Divide into groups of 4 or 5, give each group 2 trash bags, scissors and a ball of string. They have to dress one of their group members up using only trash bags and string and there will be a runway fashion show at the end. Have your director(s) judge the winner :)
That sounds fun! Maybe we'll do that!

That sounds fun! Maybe we'll do that!
We used to do skit bags. Basically the director would fill up a trash bag with a bunch of random things, each group had to come up with a skit using all of the objects in their bag.

You had to be creative because sometimes the things in the bag where just kinda out there but that was the fun part!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Along the same lines...we give a roll of aluminum foil, a roll of duct tape, string and scissors and let them see what they can design. We have seen some really cool outfits in our fashion shows.

We have also painted ornaments (I get the cheap glass/plastic ones) they can either do the paint inside swirl them method, or actually paint on the outside of the ornament.

We always do Xbox dance/karaoke as well.

I love lock-ins!!

Back