All-Star Lock-in Ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Supermom

Cheer Parent
Aug 6, 2010
I'm having a lock in for our team in a few weeks and would love some ideas on crafts or games that the girls would enjoy. Their ages range from 10-14. Thanks in advance:shaka:

I've done tie dye sports bras in team colors before. You have to get a little creative to contain the mess, but it can be done and the girls like wearing their matching tops at the next practice.

Depends on how large the team is. Board games like Apples to Apples aren't good for 30 kids. Making pillow cases and luggage tags are good for taking to travel comps.

Make tshirts. The fabric paint and shirts can all be found at michaels. Split them into teams, give them some cheer music and have them create routines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of the above. Maybe a scavenger hunt and encourage them to think outside of the box with their responses.

We have lock-ins about twice a year and the kids love them. (Why they want to sleep in a gym-I will never get) We do crazy relay races since the gym is big enough. We have also used "Belly Bumpers" which are about $40 each, and they look like sumo wrestlers. They love that! I have also done Nerf wars, where we gather everyone's nerf guns and all the foam bullets we can find and let them have at it! The tie dye sports bras is a great idea, and depending on age making hair bows for special practices or choreography camp is fun. Decorating flip flops with tied ribbon is a great idea, and they can wear them around the hotel for out of town comps. Wal-Mart usually has flip-flops on sale this time of year for about $1. If you have room to eat, we buy a new piece of gutter material from Home Depot (about $8 and 10 feet long), place it on a table (prefer outside) and fill it with ice cream and give them all kinds of crazy toppings and they make a huge sundae! (it sounds weird, but it works)

the one year that my gym had a lock in we had a cake eating contest haha but the girl's couldn't use their hands. we also did relays like cartwheels and forward rolls etc. the most fun thing though was being split up into groups getting assigned a random song and having to create a routine (mainly dance with a little bit of stunt since it was our whole gym and all ages were there) to it. also, you could play movies. I like the idea of decorating shirts or tye dye! :)

What about projecting a movie onto a white wall? Bring It On or Stick It.

The one year I did All Stars we had a lock in and we had a bouncy castle. It was so fun! We all ran around and had fun :p We were around the ages that you listed. We also attacked our coach (@CCCBeBad) with makeup (so beware!). Oh 7th grade...

I've never really done a 'lock in' at cheer, but like 5 or 6 year ago we tye died tank tops during our lunch break at skills camp! It was a cool thing to do as a team. We wore them the last day of skills camp. :)

At my old gym we would have sleepovers twice a year, one in the summer one in winter. At both we would have talent shows and the kids could cheer, sing, dance, etc. It's really fun watching all of the performances and being in the show. Sometimes the coaches would bring a TV into the gym and we could watch really old cheer comp videos. I remember one time we had random contests like who could do the most tucks and stuff. We had a good time.

Back