All-Star Looking For Sponsor (world Cup Cheerleader)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 22, 2011
Hello! I am 13 years old and have been cheering for 10 years, and 8 years with World Cup. My family cannot afford travel this year (we are going to Dallas, Georgia, etc.) and I will probably need to quit this week. I really want to stay here but I would need help, probably a sponsor. I was on World Cup Twinkles last year, and the year before, with a tumbling block for 3 years, until this year when I got my tumbling back. I am already working on fulls again, even though I am on junior 4 since I didn't get my tumbling back until after tryouts and there was no more room on the level 5 teams. I also do school cheer at howell middle school north (school cheer doesn't start until winter). Please help sponsor me!!!! I could do anything in return. If you are a cheer business I could help as a spokesmodel or something. You can post on here or email me at [email protected] THANK YOU!

Hi! Have you tried 'canning' or some people call it 'tagging' - basically when you stand in front of a store and ask the nice people for a donation. You usually wear a gym t-shirt and shorts. Not sure about World Cup, but many gyms have a person who is charge of securing locations and times. It's worth a shot. It's a hustle, but if you put your bow on and that winning smile, Jersey people will give! Also, an idea could be to ask family and friends who give you birthday or Xmas gifts to instead give cash for your travel expenses. One more thing (bear with me, I'm thinking and typing at the same time) you have been cheering for a while, not sure if you would sell any of your bows or maybe have a garage sale of things in your room you don't need. Anywho, good luck dear!

I was in your position a couple of years ago. I did something a little different. When I was 12, my mom and I put together a little profile. It had things like how long I had cheered, who I cheered for, what school I went to, my grades, a few action shots of what I could do, etc. Things that would make me stand out. I also attached a sheet that had my cheer expenses such as uniform, travel, tuition, etc. One day during the week, when I had off from school, my mom took me to different car dealerships, local businesses, and even some bigger businesses in my area. I went in and talked either to the owner or a manager. I dressed professionally. Went in and tried to act as much like of an adult as a 12 year old could. Many of the businesses asked what they would get in return, I offered to come to their business and stand on the road with signs, do some tumbling, basically bring in people. Many of them respected me as a little girl to come in and show my passion for my sport and many of them decided to sponsor me. It was hard work but in the end, I got to continue doing the sport that I love.

I was in your position a couple of years ago. I did something a little different. When I was 12, my mom and I put together a little profile. It had things like how long I had cheered, who I cheered for, what school I went to, my grades, a few action shots of what I could do, etc. Things that would make me stand out. I also attached a sheet that had my cheer expenses such as uniform, travel, tuition, etc. One day during the week, when I had off from school, my mom took me to different car dealerships, local businesses, and even some bigger businesses in my area. I went in and talked either to the owner or a manager. I dressed professionally. Went in and tried to act as much like of an adult as a 12 year old could. Many of the businesses asked what they would get in return, I offered to come to their business and stand on the road with signs, do some tumbling, basically bring in people. Many of them respected me as a little girl to come in and show my passion for my sport and many of them decided to sponsor me. It was hard work but in the end, I got to continue doing the sport that I love.

That is an EXCELLENT idea sweetie!! (Love your profile pic!!)

I think I speak for everyone when I say I cannot wait to hear what ideas you use and what you can come up with and I cannot wait to hear how successful you will be with this (I really hope you are!!!) :)
Good luck, dear!!! I wish I had ideas, to give, but unfortunately I got nothin at the moment :(

Yankee Candle fundraiser. SUCH a hit. Especially with the Christmas catalog! And you get 40% back

If one of your parents are willing too, see if there is a program to work your cities football games, or baseball games. My mom and I work in the concession stands at the Detroit Lions games, and she works Detroit Tigers games and it helps a lot. You may have to be 18 though.

This is around the same ideas as above but if you could write a SPONSOR LETTER and ask those businesses that you patronize for sponsorship, such as your Doctor, Dentist, Hairdresser, Laundrymat/ Dry Cleaner/ Seamstress, Pizza Place, Car Mechanic, Insurance Agent, City's Athletic Director, City Recreation Center, Local Fire & Police Stations, School Athletic Director, Church Organization- I don't think it's necessary to name all of the different choices that you can send a sponsor request to. Simply compose a letter explaining your background, your desire to cheer, the cost constraints and the request for sponsorship-there's no need to get down and dirty about the urgent need for the money, just ask for sponsorship to cover the increasing costs to cheer, something that you love doing. Also, like someone suggested, request sponsorship from friends and family in lieu of bday money and presents. My CP has done this for years and she has obtained cheer sponsorship of up to $950 for one year, so it does work and it can help you obtain some money. We have found that the best way to do this is to include in the letter a picture of yourself and to hand deliver each of the letters and to speak with the official who will be able to make the decision. Good Luck!!

Back