All-Star Looks Like Cheersport And Nca Lose More Summit Bids Again

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It looks like they're offering more opportunities for D2 bids also. Only 2 of the normal 5 or 6 bid comps our gym usually goes to are offering regular Summit bids, whereas all of them are offering D2 (as in ONLY offering D2 bids).

What I read is your program has to declare themselves as a D2 program by November 1, 2015. What I don't know is if this removes you from getting a "normal" Summit bid or not.
At every competition your program would compete at they offer Summit bids and D2 Summit bids. So if your program declared themselves as D2 I would "assume":eek: this would mean you could only receive D2 summit Bids... but I could be wrong. :help:
Was wondering myself how the bids would work at those competitions where both small gym and large gym compete.

My thoughts are that the D2 is a great idea for small gyms. I read a few threads on here this past season saying that many of the bid competitions were not being judged fairly and it seemed that the bigger gyms were being favored when it came to at large and paid bids. There was speculation that this was because big gyms would bring more money to Summit. I kind of feel that this happened to my daughter's team at a bid competition in Council Bluffs, Iowa. We ended up going to Summit as a wildcard that we had earned at another competition.

So as a small gym - I am thrilled for this opportunity. Having been to Disney World several times already and still trying to financially recover from the last Summit - I am also hoping that Tampa will not be as expensive.

Instead of that attitude, how about "Hey! You won a hard to get bid to a competition! Congratulations"
I'm glad that they moved it away from Mickey's palace. Parents have been complaining for years that it's too expensive and unnecessary to lump a vacation into a competition.
Truth. And now they'll complain it's not fair that it's not at Disney. Brace yourself.

Truth. And now they'll complain it's not fair that it's not at Disney. Brace yourself.
Seriously. I realize it's different people doing the complaining, but all we heard was how taxing annual Disney trips were or even multiple trips in a year. Or how the venue was too small. Finally one of the big competitions gets moved and the first reaction is more complaints, lol.

Varsity has their issues for sure, but I don't envy their jobs. They can't win.

Side note: I'm originally from Tampa. It's cool. =)

he already is :confused:
It's a great thing the world doesn't revolve around one opinion. If you feel your small gym can compete with the larger gyms you don't have to declare yourself D2 and have to compete in Tampa. Many gyms are grateful for the opportunity to compete on a more level playing field. My CP plays lacrosse and because there are not that many schools with lacrosse programs they play outside their division a lot - and get their butts kicked. It can make for a long season. I like what the Summit has done - seems to be a win/win!

My new gym is very small- maybe 50 to 80 athletes at the most. I don't really like the small gym division if I'm honest, it makes me feel like I'm not good enough to compete against the big gyms. Maybe it's just a pride thing but I don't really like the idea of this.

My new gym is very small- maybe 50 to 80 athletes at the most. I don't really like the small gym division if I'm honest, it makes me feel like I'm not good enough to compete against the big gyms. Maybe it's just a pride thing but I don't really like the idea of this.
As @quitthedrama said above, a small gym has a choice to compete D1 if they want to. They just can't change their mind once they've made their decision and are competing.

We are also part of a smaller gym - more athletes than yours but nowhere into the medium sized gym mark. I used to feel the way you do but now I'd be curious to see how we would fare against other D2 teams at least for a season before making a decision to compete D1.

Back