High School Lovely

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheysmomager

Cheer Parent
Mar 2, 2011
Well isn't this just peachy!!!

I just found out that the captain of my daughters varsity cheer team, and their cheer manager, both got MIP's this weekend!!

This goes against everything I believe in!! I want to have her removed for it, but if she can't try out next year, that will leave the bully as captain. CP had a hard enough time with her this year....that won't end well!!

Have a nice day!
Love,
l

Dare I ask, what are MIPs?
Minor in Posession

This makes me realize that I am officially the worst mother in the world!! My CP knows if that every happens to her, she had better drop off her uniform before she comes home!! I will not tolerate it from her!! But yet, I am going to not say a word in for fear of what will happen next year!!!

Although, my money is on bully cheerleader, or her mother, making sure it gets back to the school!!

tumblr_md7ip9vx3Z1rfy2fao1_500-1_zps14ea8bc8.jpg

We had a girl get kicked off our team one year (right before nationals) because she got caught at school smoking weed in her car. She also got a ticket earlier that year for being drunk at the Harry Potter premier, but our coach didn't find out about that one somehow.

Well isn't this just peachy!!!

I just found out that the captain of my daughters varsity cheer team, and their cheer manager, both got MIP's this weekend!!

This goes against everything I believe in!! I want to have her removed for it, but if she can't try out next year, that will leave the bully as captain. CP had a hard enough time with her this year....that won't end well!!

Have a nice day!
Love,
l

Are there any other teams/gyms in the area where your CP could find a more suitable cheer family? To hear you talk about all of the issues you have even gives ME anxiety, I can't believe what it's like for you or your CP. Sounds like she's been through some tough stuff before and I hope everything works out so she can have a positive experience with cheerleading.

It is really stressful!! The funny thing is, I grew up in San Antonio. This is a very small town. I had more in my graduating class than they have here K-12!! I have had things happen to me or friends that I think she has only see on crime shows, not murder or anything.

When I realized I was getting divorced, j was scared to death to be raising a girl in this society alone. I thought raising her in a small town would be better. Not to mention, I have high morals and standards that I demand of her. I thought we would be better off with country folk that thought the same.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

The crap I have seen, mostly from girls is appaling!! Many parents here think I need to lighten up (not watch her socjal media, ignore teenage drinking, ect). NO WAY!! If a parent allows their child to drink at home with them, I don't care. Just don't allow the child, a varsity cheerleader at that, to post on social media about it!

I have done more and seen more than most in this town ever will, but these damn teenagers here are really getting to me. When they were picking on CP during Christmas, and the mothers condescending attitude to me for bringing it up, I was about ready to pack up and move to SA.

Have a nice day!
Love,
l

I thought we would be better off with country folk that thought the same.

You must realize, small towns, everyone knows each other. And yeah, they know oh so and so drinks. The small town mindset is COMPLETELY different. I live in a city of about 40,000. Kinda big, and i know that everyone here takes drinking, smoking etc as a minor lightly (we have many kids at my school that chew tobacco in the commons (lunchroom) during lunch, and will spit it on the ground too. oh, and our commons is like all open and the parts with walls have glass for the most part.

But, nearby areas, or heck even here. People DO have underage drinking parties. People DO make mistakes, you shouldn't make your daughter suffer just because a captain made a poor choice. Yes, she should have known better, but we are allowed to make mistakes, Maybe move if you hate how the small town is so much?

Go ahead, yell at me. I couldn't read one more thread like this and not state what I think.

Go ahead, yell at me. I couldn't read one more thread like this and not state what I think.

Drinking is not my issue!! If kids are drinking, as most are, that is between them and their parents.

My issue is athletes and cheerleaders posting on social meadia about their illegal activities. We also have a varsity cheerleader who started having sex with her boyfriend the summer before 9th grade. The next day she would post "last night was amazing" with a heart. She has elementary kids on her Facebook. If other kids do illegals or immoral things, it is not my problem they are not my kids. But when you are a part of a school organization that younger kids look up to, I don't think illegal or immoral activities she be posted on social media.

Have a nice day!
Love,
l

If the town is that small, I can all but guarantee that the coach and administrators at her school already know. Whether they choose to do anything about it is another story. I'm from a town of about 6,000 people and our teachers always knew everything even before our parents did. In a small school they'll hear about it in the halls even if its not on social media. I agree that kids need to be more careful about what they post online, but they will learn that when they get older. Kids will be kids and do stupid stuff no matter what. It's just part of learning and growing up.

Your daughter sounds like an absolutely lovely girl so kudos to you for that, but maybe try focusing the things you can control a bit more and don't read so far into things others do or say. I tweeted yesterday about last night being amazing and all that I did was sit on the couch and laugh myself silly with my best friend. I just hate to see people so wrapped up in things they can't change. Let go and let God :)

Drinking is not my issue!! If kids are drinking, as most are, that is between them and their parents.

My issue is athletes and cheerleaders posting on social meadia about their illegal activities. We also have a varsity cheerleader who started having sex with her boyfriend the summer before 9th grade.

The issue with social media is that things get blown out of proportion. That girl was yes, wrong in posting that, she can be having the horizontal dance and not post it online. But its her choice to gloat about it online. Those elementary kids, personally i don't think they should have facebook in the first place, and if they do the parent should be watching over it and have main control. You can't just point a finger at one person without realizing a few things don't seem right in the entire situation.

Back