Lvl 1 Tumbling Points

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 13, 2014
Ok, I'm still kind of new to Allstar coaching and Jam Brands and USASF. Just competed for the first time with my youth prep team at Live! Overall impression for our tumbling was 7.5 out of 10. What kinds of standing and running tumbling combination skills can we add to improve our overall impression? Mind you, this is a prep team. Our standing tumbling sync is a team forward roll. Judge noted that we need to add variety to running tumbling. Currently, we have a sequence where 4 girls (out of 9) do a forward roll into roundoff, 5 girls do a running cartwheel, 2 of the first 4 do a roundoff then forward roll then 3 girls come back from 3 corners and do synchronized roundoff into BWO. That's 4-8counts. Any help or suggestions for improvement are appreciated. Thanks!

You won't increase your score too much without more BWO. I have 7/11 doing BWO and our scores are still pretty low. Tumbling scores in prep are subjective and unfortunately, there are plenty of all star prep teams with full team BWO. Those are the teams that will be rewarded with the highest points.

There are a couple things you could do that MAY bump it a bit:

1. Add a jump before the sync FWR. We do triple TT FWR. A CW is also considered a standing skill if you don't step into it, so team lunge CWs may be considered more difficult than team FWR.
2. Sync the entire team doing a running skill. There's a part of the JAM scoresheet that says that if 75% of your team does a synchronized running tumbling pass, you are automatically bumped into the next .5 range for difficulty.
3. Make those running CWs a "combo pass" with a RO/FWR into them.

also Front walk overs can be done on level one. So a running pass could be:
1.forward roll- front walk over- round off to back walkover
2. fwo to FR to RO BWO.
3. FWO to RO BWO

Front walkover, round off, back walkover
Front walkover, round off, back extension roll, back walkover
Round off, back walkover, turn, front walkover, round off, back walkover
Round off, back walkover, cartwheel, back walkover
Round off, back walkover, forward roll, round off, back walkover

The last two passes are my standbys for the kids that are a little weaker. Not sure if the jam brands does this, but on the one scoring system we compete on, you need a change of direction for the pass to be considered specialty. Either way, the change of direction helps with the variety.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back