All-Star Mae Flyer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

mytriplek

Cheer Parent
Oct 18, 2012
I'm looking into getting a Maeflyer. Is the Maeflyer any different than the balance boards they sell in sporting goods stores? Do you recommend it?

Those links give you a bunch of great info about the product ,but I don't think any of them address you direct question.So let me try.

Most of the boards that I have seen at the stores are directed to balancing with TWO legs (so it is great if you use those for snowboarding, surfing or core strengthening for "regular" people).

The Maeflyer is designed to balance on one leg...

There might be Smaller boards like the Maeflyer out there, but I did not see any when I was looking.

I just bought a Maeflyer last week since my daughter is only level one. She loves it and I have seen a difference already

Those links give you a bunch of great info about the product ,but I don't think any of them address you direct question.So let me try.

Most of the boards that I have seen at the stores are directed to balancing with TWO legs (so it is great if you use those for snowboarding, surfing or core strengthening for "regular" people).

The Maeflyer is designed to balance on one leg...

There might be Smaller boards like the Maeflyer out there, but I did not see any when I was looking.

I just bought a Maeflyer last week since my daughter is only level one. She loves it and I have seen a difference already

Thank you sooo much! That's exactly what I was wondering, the difference between the 2 and if it really worked.

:) No problem.

I want to thank CoachKelly for being so informative in the other threads. She saved my $350 bucks b/c I was initially eyeing the stunt flyer and decided to wait for now and start with this!!

:)or maybe I will win the razzi raffle

not gonna lie, when I first saw this thread, I thought you had misspelled "Male Flyer"...then opened it and it was something completely irrelevant to a backspot lol...:p

If you are good with tools you can make one for $5-10 dollars. My dad cut a 12" circle for the top and another for the bottom. Cut the bottom one in half and glue one half on (he just used plain wood glue). Cut a notch in the other half circle and glue it on at a 90 degree angle to the first board. It lasted me years with no problems. It looked a little boring, but you could paint it in your gym colors to spice things up. My only advice is to make sure you have a large open area to practice in because I fell off mine into door knobs and furniture all the time :p

Back