All-Star Mandatory Skills In Levels

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 17, 2011
Some gyms say you MUST have a certain skillset to make a certain team. For example at my gym, to make a level 3 team, you have to have at least roundolph tuck, punch front, mulitple jums to multiple handsprings.

Does your gym have requirements for certain levels, and if so what are they? :)

Level 1: No Experience Needed
Level 2: Standing BHS OR Running BHS (Both preferred)
Level 3: Standing 3 AND Running Tuck
Level 4: Standing Tuck AND Running Layout
Level 5: Toe Back, Two to Full, Running Full

Exceptions for athletes who strongly excel in basing, flying, and performance

I think every gym tries to stick with their level guidelines to be able to max out score sheets. You really can't be a competitive level 2 if you don't have very many back handsprings and I am sure some gyms make exceptions when placing people.

Level 1: No Experience Needed
Level 2: Standing BHS OR Running BHS (Both preferred)
Level 3: Standing 3 AND Running Tuck
Level 4: Standing Tuck AND Running Layout
Level 5: Toe Back, Two to Full, Running Full

Exceptions for athletes who strongly excel in basing, flying, and performance

Pretty much exactly what I would say... I think, in general, just aiming for at least 2 at-level tumbling skills- standing or running, but always considering stunt groups first:)

At our gym you must have the standing tumbling for your level. Everything else is by discression of the coaches.

My experience with our cp is that it isn't a hard and fast rule, especially on the level 2 teams. Once you move up to the higher level teams then, yeah, you pretty much need to have (or be really close to having) the required tumbling skills for that level at tryouts.

Back