All-Star March 2016 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is my Senior 2 team I coach from this weekend at Battle at the Capitol. Fame Allstars Sirens. They brought home first in their division, Level 2 Grand Champs, and the Jeremi Sanders High Point Award...not to mention also being of the scores used in helping Fame to win the Program Champion award. It was an amazing weekend for my kids!

Is Top Gun fierce 5 wearing TGLC old uniforms from 2013?
I believe so:
of25bo.jpg

Worlds 2013 ones specifically... the uniforms might have given them the magic powers which earned them a full-paid bid.

I honestly love SE routine right now. It looks very well put together and organized. I just need that SENIOR ELITE pyramid song I can sing along to like I have every year. lol

As for stars. I want to love their routine, I really do, like when I found out they were doing gaga I was like "YASSS THE GAY GODS HAVE BLESSED THIS DAY" but I cannot focus in this routine. Like I don't remember anything because I'm going cross eyed looking at a motion section or something that's distracting me from the technical aspect/skills of their routine. But at the end of the day, it hits the score sheet. So I do agree with you all on the topic of stars.

I think the Gaga theme may have backfired on Stars. Unlike most cheer mixes, where you can pick from a wide range of songs, and work with different combinations that complement each other and transition smoothly, Stars are restricted to one single artist. And as much as I love Gaga, she doesn't have that huge a catalogue. So it all sounds a bit choppy, like Gaga's biggest songs have been shoved together into a slightly strange mashup.

Restricting yourself to one artist maybe isn't a great idea. Just my opinion.

I think the Gaga theme may have backfired on Stars. Unlike most cheer mixes, where you can pick from a wide range of songs, and work with different combinations that complement each other and transition smoothly, Stars are restricted to one single artist. And as much as I love Gaga, she doesn't have that huge a catalogue. So it all sounds a bit choppy, like Gaga's biggest songs have been shoved together into a slightly strange mashup.

Restricting yourself to one artist maybe isn't a great idea. Just my opinion.

I'm not sure if it necessarily backfired.....I mean they did just win NCA, and were in 1st for UCA for Day 1.

And I'm not the biggest Lady Gaga fan (I use to be), but I think she does have a big selection of songs to choose from. I just think the whole stunt sequence to SPEECHLESS to Pokerface Transition might need to be changed to something else. Speechless is a beautiful song, but I think it too slow, and dreadful for a stunt sequence, especially if it doesn't hit.

I feel like they should keep the same theme, but perhaps throw in a few of her more "pop" songs, and less "churchy/preachy" songs such as:

Pokerface
Telephone
Just Dance
Love Game
Aura
Dance in the Dark
Beautiful Dirty Rich
Schiebe
Hair
Boys Boys Boys

I'm not sure if it necessarily backfired.....I mean they did just win NCA, and were in 1st for UCA for Day 1.

And I'm not the biggest Lady Gaga fan (I use to be), but I think she does have a big selection of songs to choose from. I just think the whole stunt sequence to SPEECHLESS to Pokerface Transition might need to be changed to something else. Speechless is a beautiful song, but I think it too slow, and dreadful for a stunt sequence, especially if it doesn't hit.

I feel like they should keep the same theme, but perhaps throw in a few of her more "pop" songs, and less "churchy/preachy" songs such as:

Pokerface
Telephone
Just Dance
Love Game
Aura
Dance in the Dark
Beautiful Dirty Rich
Schiebe
Hair
Boys Boys Boys
She does have a number of great songs, but I still maintain that there aren't a huge number to pick from that would be good for a cheer routine. Gaga hasn't been around for more than about 7 years, so even though she's been prolific during that time, that still means she doesn't have a gigantic catalogue.
But my main point is that choosing one artist limits your selections for music. Which is why their mix sounds a bit off to me, and I don't think I'm the only one. But if I am, that's okay...

The way those two girls come out of the pyramid on the far left and right at the 2:58 mark - holy moly. That scares me! But it looks great.
I was thinking the same thing, there is only one person REALLY catching their upper body. What if that ONE person trips on their way to go catch them and no one is there?! Obviously they are very well trained and more coordinated than I but I do think of those things!

Back