All-Star Maryland All Star Gyms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 15, 2011
Need some input/mom's thoughts:
My child is currently a cheerleader for an all star team. She had a bad year previously with coaches that told her, as well as the team, that they were not good enough, should be on a lower level, were not good enough to be at the gym they were at, etc. Since then, she has really been down on herself and her tumbling has suffered. She loves to cheer, however, she needs some kind of inspiration. Trying to get some input from coaches and/or parents on the all star gyms in Maryland.
Thank you

Maryland is a big place - any indication of where you are or how far you are willing to drive?

I cheered and coached in Maryland for many years. The awesome thing about MD is that there are a million great gyms to choose from. It really depends where you are and what you're looking for. I can speak to all of the Harford County gyms, if you're in that area. I've also worked with coaches from many different programs, so I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. PM me the area you live in and what program you were previously with and I'll try to give some recommendations.

I used to be with Maryland Twisters and loved being there. I commuted 1.5 hours to the gym and the same back home and even worse in the winter but it was well worth the drive! My tumbling progressed so much within the first 3 months of being there and it was a very encouraging and friendly environment.

I cheered at Maryland Twisters and it was a great experience. Loved my time there and would highly recommend it. Depending on your location, I also recommend checking out Titanium Athletics in New Freedom, PA. The coach who retrained my handspring and taught me every tumbling skill I have is currently a tumbling coach there, and I've been hearing great things about them this season.

We are at Cheer Tyme and would not trade it for ANYTHING!!! Experienced coaches, nurturing environment, amazing/involved owners, teams for EVERY level, and welcoming parents!

Cheertyme Fairfax or Twisters Waldorf for the southern MD side, are the only gyms I can speak on. Great environments, athletes love it there. Small gym atmosphere with big gym ideologies, reputation, coaching.

Back