Maryland Twisters Traffic

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 15, 2014
Hi! I was wondering what the traffic is like at the Maryland twisters glen burnie location. We would be traveling from the Centreville, VA area which is in fair fax and not so far from Washington. Is anyone else driving from that area?

Hi! I was wondering what the traffic is like at the Maryland twisters glen burnie location. We would be traveling from the Centreville, VA area which is in fair fax and not so far from Washington. Is anyone else driving from that area?
Since you're from the DC area you probably know that traffic is always terrible, I would imagine it would take about 1.5-2+ hours to get there in the evenings. I'm sure there are others commuting from Northern Virginia though.

Since you're from the DC area you probably know that traffic is always terrible, I would imagine it would take about 1.5-2+ hours to get there in the evenings. I'm sure there are others commuting from Northern Virginia though.

That's about right. There are other gyms closer to you, though - Cheer Tyme Chantilly has several level 5 teams this year, including youth and junior 5 as well as several worlds teams, Infinity in Fairfax has lots of good teams including an IOC5 (CP tumbles there occasionally), and Phase is in the Chantilly area but I don't know much about the gym.

hi I live about 15 minutes from dc and I live 454 minutes from Maryland twisters so it would probably take you about an hour and a half plus traffic which may be 2 hours

That's about right. There are other gyms closer to you, though - Cheer Tyme Chantilly has several level 5 teams this year, including youth and junior 5 as well as several worlds teams, Infinity in Fairfax has lots of good teams including an IOC5 (CP tumbles there occasionally), and Phase is in the Chantilly area but I don't know much about the gym.
where does your cp cheer? I know these may seem a bit stalker-ish, but I am just wondering haha. And are you from the Northern Virginia area as well?

where does your cp cheer? I know these may seem a bit stalker-ish, but I am just wondering haha. And are you from the Northern Virginia area as well?

No worries - I live in Alexandria. My CP cheers on a competitive rec team :)

No worries - I live in Alexandria. My CP cheers on a competitive rec team :)
ahh, I see. My cp is really serious about her cheerleading(she about died when I told her we have to take a season off, and then she died again when she found out we were moving!), it's basically like her life. :eek: I'm serious, we have two moving boxes of cheer bows! :confused: Our top two choices are Cheer Tyme & Maryland Twisters right now, and she really wants to go to Maryland Twisters since F5 is one her favorite teams. Who couldn't love the famous Diva's of F5?

ahh, I see. My cp is really serious about her cheerleading(she about died when I told her we have to take a season off, and then she died again when she found out we were moving!), it's basically like her life. :eek: I'm serious, we have two moving boxes of cheer bows! :confused: Our top two choices are Cheer Tyme & Maryland Twisters right now, and she really wants to go to Maryland Twisters since F5 is one her favorite teams. Who couldn't love the famous Diva's of F5?

I think in another thread you mentioned that you and your daughter share this account. I don't think that's a good idea. She either needs to get her own account (you can know her login info if it's an issue) or not have access.

The Fierce Board: If you're gonna be talked about, shouldn't you at least be here to defend yourself?

I think in another thread you mentioned that you and your daughter share this account. I don't think that's a good idea. She either needs to get her own account (you can know her login info if it's an issue) or not have access.

The Fierce Board: If you're gonna be talked about, shouldn't you at least be here to defend yourself?
I'm making a new account soon since the whole "fierceoncè" thing was her idea, I just haven't been able to yet since we are in the middle of moving and I just wanted to know some quick questions, so she let me use her account for the time being. Sorry I didn't explain that before, lol!

I would show her the Cheer Tyme Love videos. This team is fierce and keep in mind this is only their second year. They are certainly one to watch. We do not cheer there but cheer currently at Infinity and I am very impressed with the options in our area. We have friends at all 3 gyms and each had a different style. I would strongly suggest visiting the 3 local ones Sarah mentioned and see if they may fill your current needs. Plus show her some videos of this years Love team and bet she'll fall in love with LOVE! Also how old is your CP and what skills does she currently have? It may not make sense to make such a drive with teams close by that could help her develop the skills for F5 or another amazing level 5 Worlds team.

I would show her the Cheer Tyme Love videos. This team is fierce and keep in mind this is only their second year. They are certainly one to watch. We do not cheer there but cheer currently at Infinity and I am very impressed with the options in our area. We have friends at all 3 gyms and each had a different style. I would strongly suggest visiting the 3 local ones Sarah mentioned and see if they may fill your current needs. Plus show her some videos of this years Love team and bet she'll fall in love with LOVE! Also how old is your CP and what skills does she currently have? It may not make sense to make such a drive with teams close by that could help her develop the skills for F5 or another amazing level 5 Worlds team.
well right now she is level 2, and next season she is hoping to be level three since she got her running tuck on the trampoline already. She is 12 currently, and she would be 12 for the next competition season. Seeing her age out of youth makes me feel so old:( And now that I think about it I feel like it would be best to go to Maryland Twisters when she can make it onto a worlds team. She has been both a flyer on a senior team as well as a base on a junior team, and now she has lost her flexibility which bums her out since she was hoping to be a flyer again:( Maybe that was a bit too much information......haha. And I never even knew that a place like Centreville would have so many options of cheerleading close by! We live in FL right now and there are only three or so gyms close to us....who knew!

well right now she is level 2, and next season she is hoping to be level three since she got her running tuck on the trampoline already. She is 12 currently, and she would be 12 for the next competition season. Seeing her age out of youth makes me feel so old:( And now that I think about it I feel like it would be best to go to Maryland Twisters when she can make it onto a worlds team. She has been both a flyer on a senior team as well as a base on a junior team, and now she has lost her flexibility which bums her out since she was hoping to be a flyer again:( Maybe that was a bit too much information......haha. And I never even knew that a place like Centreville would have so many options of cheerleading close by! We live in FL right now and there are only three or so gyms close to us....who knew!

Hi! When are you guys moving to the area? We would love to have you guys come in and check out the gym, and meet our staff!

At this time, nearly half of athletes travel from the DC/VA area. Specifically, about a quarter of them are in Northern Virginia and all of them are involved in car pools where parents are responsible for driving about once a week. We do our best to help parents arrange car pools in the beginning of the season based on their areas since we have athletes coming for WV, VA, Southern MD, DE, NJ, and NC.

On average, it will take you about 1.5-2 hours during the week and your weekend practice will hopefully have you at our location within an hour. It can be dreadful, but we promise it worth it. Let us know when you and the CP are in town, we can have some fun!

Hi! When are you guys moving to the area? We would love to have you guys come in and check out the gym, and meet our staff!

At this time, nearly half of athletes travel from the DC/VA area. Specifically, about a quarter of them are in Northern Virginia and all of them are involved in car pools where parents are responsible for driving about once a week. We do our best to help parents arrange car pools in the beginning of the season based on their areas since we have athletes coming for WV, VA, Southern MD, DE, NJ, and NC.

On average, it will take you about 1.5-2 hours during the week and your weekend practice will hopefully have you at our location within an hour. It can be dreadful, but we promise it worth it. Let us know when you and the CP are in town, we can have some fun!
That sounds great! I like the idea of the carpooling:D I was going to try to find someone for her to carpool with once we got there since I have bad lower back problems, and I can't drive that far on a daily basis:confused: We are planning on going up to VA this weekend, and the first things cp packed up were her bows! Could we schedule a time to meet at the gym in late Feb. or March?

Definitely visit Cheer Tyme Chantilly. I can't tell you enough how impressed I've been with all of their teams, level 1 to level 5 and tiny to senior. Their Worlds team coaches also coach lower level teams, which you won't find everywhere. Many of their coaches were a part of the organization I currently coach for and are wonderful people with years of experience. It sounds like I'm bragging on them, but I'm a totally partial coach at another program in a different state.

I still think you should check out Twisters, but it's important to include other gyms in your search and find the one that works best for your family.

Back