All-Star Mega Gyms And Deciding Who Goes On Which Level 5 Team...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 28, 2015
I've always wondered with these huge gyms that have multiple level 5 teams, stingrays, Cali, World Cup, etc...when evaluation time comes around how do they decide which girl (or boy ;-)) goes on let's say restricted 5 instead of the main team the gym is known for? I'm assuming experience and what they need for stunting...but how is it done? Just something I've always wondered :)

Lizzi is right. They need different things every season. Say they have a lot of strong tumblers coming into/returning to level 5. That abundance will lead them to be pickier about how they evaluate running skills (hence why an RO BHS full might get you on the level 5 team at one gym where that skill is not as common, and on the R5 team at a bigger gym with tons of kids with that same skill). In another season that gym might have an abundance of strong stunters.

Lizzi is right. They need different things every season. Say they have a lot of strong tumblers coming into/returning to level 5. That abundance will lead them to be pickier about how they evaluate running skills (hence why an RO BHS full might get you on the level 5 team at one gym where that skill is not as common, and on the R5 team at a bigger gym with tons of kids with that same skill). In another season that gym might have an abundance of strong stunters.
Agreed. And as patrons of one of the gyms mentioned, it seems MOST that go on a L5 worlds team have done at least a year on R5 or a L5 non words team. I don't question it or pretend to know, I just know whatever they do seems to work.

Back