Mental Block Help? Could Shoes Be The Problem?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 26, 2014
So awhile ago I did a roundoff backtuck and completely bailed and damaged all the ligaments and muscles in my legs.

I think the reason I bailed is because I put shoes on. I did gymnastics prior to cheer, and generally prefer tumbling barefoot over my huge Kaepa shoes.

I can throw standing tucks, but I'm terrified of doing it as a running tumble. As soon as I get my rebound I completely freak out. Please help me as I'm on two level 3 teams this season and really need to have this!

( Also, if you have any suggestions about the shoes PLEASE tell me! I don't
like how nfinity vengeance feel but I'm going to be open minded :) )

A mental block is by it's very nature...mental. So if your mind is blaming your shoes...then yes, a different pair of shoes might help. My CP struggled at first transitioning from gymnastics to cheer with the whole shoes thing. She prefers Nfinity Evolutions but only after they've been microwaved, twisted and beat to almost nothingness (which doesn't take much with these poorly made shoes).

A mental block is by it's very nature...mental. So if your mind is blaming your shoes...then yes, a different pair of shoes might help. My CP struggled at first transitioning from gymnastics to cheer with the whole shoes thing. She prefers Nfinity Evolutions but only after they've been microwaved, twisted and beat to almost nothingness (which doesn't take much with these poorly made shoes).
I could not agree more with Nfinity shoes. I use to hurt my feet in other shoes then it got pair of nfinity shoes and they felt lighter and more natural. Also, mental blocks do not exist. You have to tell yourself that. It helps to focus on how your body felt when doing a pass. What SUCCESSFUL video's of yourself or others throwing that pass. Always ask for spots if needed! Good luck!

Thankyou. My birthday is coming up and I'm defiantly getting a new pair of cheer shoes, I think they will be nfinity Evolutions :) !

You might want to check out the Nfinity Defiances too. I haven't seen/tried them but they're supposed to be super lightweight too!

Has anyone used the new defiance shoes I want to know how they fit

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I want to know too! I wanted to get a pair bc I found a gym. Even though the owner is money hungry and rude but the gym is gorgeous so I figured id so some open gyms and use them for running. So if anyone gets a pair tell me how they are!

I want to know too! I wanted to get a pair bc I found a gym. Even though the owner is money hungry and rude but the gym is gorgeous so I figured id so some open gyms and use them for running. So if anyone gets a pair tell me how they are!
I can't tell you how they fit, but I must say that I would definitely not recommend running in cheer shoes, that's not what they're made for. Most cheer shoes, especially nfinities have next to no support. That could cause some long term damage to your feet/ankles/knees. You may not notice it now, but it will catch up to you. Sorry, the PT in me had to say something.

I can't tell you how they fit, but I must say that I would definitely not recommend running in cheer shoes, that's not what they're made for. Most cheer shoes, especially nfinities have next to no support. That could cause some long term damage to your feet/ankles/knees. You may not notice it now, but it will catch up to you. Sorry, the PT in me had to say something.

Thanks for the info! And I use my old nfinity's and they are so durable throughout the years (they are my lucky shoes) I've cheered in for years. But I really wanted another pair :\

Back