Mental Block

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 25, 2013
I am almost completely over my mental block, but I still can't throw it unless there is someone standing next to me. I've tried almost every trick in the book to help me get over it, but I just can't seem to force my body to throw it. Please help I'm very desperate!

I had the same problem! I went from working fills to only throwing Bhs! My problem was the coaches insisted the stand next to me and one day I just told then to go away and I threw it! I know this probably isn't your problem, but just think, will there be a coach on stage to stand there? If they're just standing there then I must have it!

I am almost completely over my mental block, but I still can't throw it unless there is someone standing next to me. I've tried almost every trick in the book to help me get over it, but I just can't seem to force my body to throw it. Please help I'm very desperate!

Have you tried with people stepping away one tiny inch each time? Or sometimes taking a step back and sometimes not so that you're not sure if they're close enough to spot you?

I'm not sure what you're talking about throwing but is this even if doing it onto a crash mat or into a foam pit?

Have you tried with people stepping away one tiny inch each time? Or sometimes taking a step back and sometimes not so that you're not sure if they're close enough to spot you?

I'm not sure what you're talking about throwing but is this even if doing it onto a crash mat or into a foam pit?
It's just mainly my standing bhs or tucks. My running tumbling I don't usually have a problem. And I think I will try the take a step away every time. But I don't do we'll with the not knowing if someone is going to be there to spot me.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I just recently got over a mental it was so bad to the point I needed a spot on a bhs but then one of my coaches explained everything that needs to go on in my bhs tuck and I stopped thinking about being afraid and just thought about the fundamentals. It worked for me so just thought I'd share

I just recently got over a mental it was so bad to the point I needed a spot on a bhs but then one of my coaches explained everything that needs to go on in my bhs tuck and I stopped thinking about being afraid and just thought about the fundamentals. It worked for me so just thought I'd share

Thank you I think that will help!

Back