Mental Block

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

All you have to do is just go for it. When you think about tumbling too much and just stand there you start to psych yourself out even more. You just have to go for it and tell yourself that you can do it. I have had a bad mental block before but I got over it by just doing my skills over and over again and just going for it and not thinking about it. Mental blocks are just a thing your brain creates and you can easily get rid of them. Just believe in yourself! Hope this helped!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The only time I've ever had a "mental block" or been mental about tumbling was after I tore my MCL during a back handspring. When I was cleared about 3 months later I was way scared. The only thing that got me to throw it was my coach yelling at me. She would say "Savannah, just throw it!" or something like that and I listened to her everytime. I like a tougher coach, but that's just me. She'd been my coach for 4 years at that point & knew me very well, so that might have had something to do with it lol

I know that for me, I need someone that will push me as well as be understanding that it is a process and will not give up on me.

Joseph Moore
Cheer coach/future personal trainer

Back