All-Star Mid Atlantic Cheer--wildwood, Nj 3/5-3/6

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So I guess it is stay to play they just aren't using those exact words. This is from the registration form on EP website:

HOTEL ACCOMODATIONS:

All Hotels usage must be booked through either WST Sports 888-529-9898
Failure to do so will result in a $25 per athlete charge for registration.

Last edited:
So I guess it is stay to play they just aren't using those exact words. This is from the registration form on EP website:

HOTEL ACCOMODATIONS:

All Hotels usage must be booked through either WST Sports 888-529-9898
Failure to do so will result in a $25 per athlete charge for registration.

I'm not looking forward to this one little bit! Here is the unknown factor, if they find out as little as one athlete didn't stay or pay the additional registration fee, they are well within their rights to disqualify that team, and or the whole program from competing, and USASF IS backing them IF they decide to do so. They haven't said they would, or would not, but that they are inforcing this more strictly than years past.

That's too many "ifs and unknowns" for my liking. And I personally don't want to count on the person who decided going to the jersey shore in December was a good idea, to make a balanced well minded choice that punishing the team for the mistakes made by their parents isn't really logical or in any way fair. Because most kids would stay just about anywhere, as long as they are together and get to compete, it's parents being picky divas about it that will ruin it for the kids.

I'll have my popcorn ready for a parent brawl just in case.

I'm not looking forward to this one little bit! Here is the unknown factor, if they find out as little as one athlete didn't stay or pay the additional registration fee, they are well within their rights to disqualify that team, and or the whole program from competing, and USASF IS backing them IF they decide to do so. They haven't said they would, or would not, but that they are inforcing this more strictly than years past.

That's too many "ifs and unknowns" for my liking. And I personally don't want to count on the person who decided going to the jersey shore in December was a good idea, to make a balanced well minded choice that punishing the team for the mistakes made by their parents isn't really logical or in any way fair. Because most kids would stay just about anywhere, as long as they are together and get to compete, it's parents being picky divas about it that will ruin it for the kids.

I'll have my popcorn ready for a parent brawl just in case.
December comp is not STP. Maybe just March one?

I agree. The hotel choices are very disappointing. Is this normal for the area?
Most of our families rented condos the past few years. Tons of good ones and cheaper than hotel! They r killing their competition more with adding STP, not that it a good one to go to anyway.

I agree. The hotel choices are very disappointing. Is this normal for the area?
Yes, there really are no good choices. We always rented a condo. I know some teams stayed in Cape May as there were more hotel choices there, but then you have to drive farther to the venue. There are also minimal food options outside of the competition - there is a WaWa, McDonald's and 7-11 not too far but that is about it.

I remember going to this competition my daughter's first year in the sport (4 years ago) and that gym never returned afterwards... I only remember everybody, except 1 gym, left pissed... The EP of this competition decided at the last minute to go against their bid declaration and gave the 2 Worlds bids to coed teams from what I remember, the 2 coed teams came from the same gym with different locations... The gym we were from, just knew that their All Girl squad had 1 of those bids. We never return to that competition after that disappointment...

We actually stayed at a motel 1 block from the Convention Center and ate at the only 2 or 3 restaurants in the area... I was actually told by motel and restaurant workers that they only opened for the cheerleading competitions and afterwards, Wildwood closes down for the Winter...

Yes, there really are no good choices. We always rented a condo. I know some teams stayed in Cape May as there were more hotel choices there, but then you have to drive farther to the venue. There are also minimal food options outside of the competition - there is a WaWa, McDonald's and 7-11 not too far but that is about it.
Actually, there are a few restaurants that are open year round. A & LP which I think is on 15th and New Jersey, pretty close to the convention ctr...Pizza and Italian (haven't been there in a few years but portions were HUGE).

Actually, there are a few restaurants that are open year round. A & LP which I think is on 15th and New Jersey, pretty close to the convention ctr...Pizza and Italian (haven't been there in a few years but portions were HUGE).
We never found any that were close by. Cp and I did eat at a diner one year but that was closer to the small bridge that brought you into Wildwood. The good thing about staying in the condo was we would all contribute and bring down enough food for everyone for every meal including packed lunches for the convention center. I am so happy we are not going down there this season!

We never found any that were close by. Cp and I did eat at a diner one year but that was closer to the small bridge that brought you into Wildwood. The good thing about staying in the condo was we would all contribute and bring down enough food for everyone for every meal including packed lunches for the convention center. I am so happy we are not going down there this season!

I'm dreading this competition after reading all these comments. Poor housing choices, questionable judging, and now poor food selections :banghead:

Back